Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I couldn't get Justified on Hulu and would rather wait to see something than watch commercials.

I have DVR and Netflix.

For the journaling, I have left comments like "I hope you wrote the description on that page somewhere" or something like that. Journaling is so important to me that I don't understand not doing it at all. I agree that sometimes the picture tells the story but not usually. You have to put yourself in the chair of someone who doesn't know you - as in someone a generation or so from now - so explanation is necessary. A good example is Shannon's Mr. Incredible lo. I could guess at what's going on but the journaling really clears it up.

Marlene, we save up a bunch of episodes on our DVR and just forward through the commercials. Works for us. This summer, we'll watch the entire "Elementary" series that way. We do that with "Burn Notice" too.

Have you seen anything about the Kevin Bacon series "The Following?" It looks really GOOD and it starts in a couple of weeks.

LOL about my Incredibles lo! Without journaling, someone might think some weird guys in tights beat up my husband!

My biggest peeve is when people scrap vacations without journaling. Why even bother?

I want to watch The Following too. Somebody remind me when it comes out? Will it be available on Hulu? I have Netflix too, but that would take a while, maybe I could DVR it? I don't watch a lot of TV, but I will turn it on for noise/entertainment while I scrap. I've been catching up on the Vampire Diaries.

They're advertising it on Hulu.

Awesome! Thanks Marlene!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I got the chasing pavements kit and am itching to get to my scraproom. I've been side-tracked all day. I took Betty to the vet, she did better but was still in pill mode. Then I came home and got on the eliptical for while. Matty called and asked me to lunch (I can never resist that). Kyle and I picked her up then I dropped them off at Matt's. They are at public skating right now.

I ran out of steam and took a nap but am feeling the urge to do something crafty.

You are going to love that kit! It's gorgeous. Almost too pretty to cut into. I think it's great that you got to go out to lunch with Matty!

I'm glad to hear that Betty is doing well and that you took a nap. You definitely need to rest.

I had a busy, happy day today. I had two of my friends over for an all day crop. We've been doing it nearly every Tuesday now. I only got two layouts finished because I was running my mouth. LOL

I'm adding more hobbies too. I'm taking a painting class and a sun catcher class soon. I'm having fun being more social and making new friends.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Not feeling good and having to clean up a mess is not my idea of a good time. I did do a lot of cleaning down there though.

Pond de icer quit working while I was sick. and the ice was about a foot thick. Got it thawed out.

I hope you feel better soon and that you get the mess cleaned up. Sorry that happened!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:

I should have commented earlier. I recently watched that movie. My kids say I throw their Netflix recommendations off with all the kid movies. Well, I like feel good movies and won't apologize.

Too funny! I get crazy recommendations on my Netflix. Between Ronnie's obsession with sports movies and the kids' obsession with SpongeBob... My queue is a big old mess!

We have the same problem.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi. I am feeling better, should be back to semi normal tomorrow. Just took it easy again today. Finished that dabgammut puzzle. Man was that hard.

Kyle and a friend were here this afternoon making beer. I wish he would made some soup or something too. Geeze - do I have to be hospitalized for them to think I'm sick? The trouble with men is (one of the) that they don't think of dinner until they are hungry. Helloooooooo, it takes time to prepare. I got the card done and it's cute will post to the FB page. No body but divas can see right? The bday girl's mom is a friend over there.

Glad to hear you are feeling better AND you finished the puzzle!

Did they even offer you a beer?

I believe only the Divas can see it...

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Your kids seem to move around a lot Yvonne!

Yeah, that carppy cold carp seems to be going around. I hope all of the green tea I drink saves me!

Speaking of green tea, I got my tests back from my Dr. visit a couple of weeks ago and since going on my gluten free diet, all of my tests came back perfect! Well, except for the iron which was a bit low. I expected that. I am drinking less tea and trying not to drink it within a few hours of eating anything with iron in it. BTW, Rice Chex cereal is very high in iron in case anyone was looking for iron rich foods that aren't vegetables!

Krystal has moved a lot, but she broke up with that loser and moved out into an apartment that her and Brittni are sharing. They won't be moving for a long time.

Glad they moved in together and I am super glad she dumped that loser!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Sounds like you are still not 100% Marlene, gosh its really got a grip on you hasn't it, is it still snowing there?

Going to see if I can get Amazon Prime here, sounds like a good option.

Finished page for Heather's sketch Saturday, yesterday we went to Hobart for a BBQ withe friends. Had a great day but was really worried about the bush fire near us, I took all my jewellery, photo disks and kids scrapbooks with me. had a long trip home, they had the only road in/out of Orford from the South blocked and were only allowing 1 car through at a time. it is really a worry.

Walked today but shouldn't have, the smoke is way too thick and I ended up getting asthma so just had to sit around for a bit when we got home, then I got stuck into taking the Xmas tree down, what a rotter of a job that is, but so glad its done and like you Shannon I always feel like the place looks so clean without it up. Went down to my scrap room this afternoon for about 45 mins, long enough to use a mask and my Gesso, had to leave it then to dry, will hopefully get longer in there tomorrow.

Lesley, I sure hope things cool down over there! I saw on the news that they actually had to add another color to your heat map since it was over 125 degrees farenheit/51 degrees celcius. DUDE that is way too hot! WTF were you doing outside? Stay inside young lady! I'm waving my finger at you...

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I did go out to do some needed shopping. Had to get a couple things for my mom. Matty called complaining about morning sickness so Kyle and I made her gnocchi (Italian potato pasta). Ken and I took that to her and Kyle made dinner. I am pooped.

I got my scraptastic kit and an order from SB.com.

I have to take Betty to the vet first thing in the a.m. then I should be able to scrap.

Morning sickness sucks but that's what moms are for, right? So nice of you!

You ordered those things? I am SO jealous!!!

Is Betty's trip routine? I hope she is ok.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Good morning.

Heather - sounds like your trip is going to be very nice with enough planned to have things to look forward to but with down time for spontenaity.

Shannon - that was so sweet of Danny. Is Abby having fun? About the fracking, if it's been done all around you the damage is done. I hope you don't end up one of those people who can set fire to what comes out of the water taps.

Lesley - good for a day to yourself.

Becky - I've seen those photo books and they are quite nice.

There won't be any downtime. MIL has it planned out of the wazoo. Well, the meals anyway. One day we're going to Clearwater Marine Aquarium so Jordan can fulfill her dream of meeting Winter. The rest of the days we belong to them. Luckily, they don't stay up too late and my BIL is coming with so there will be someone to do the more scary rides with me. Going to do the Yeti ride!

FYI, if you have the deluxe dining plan where you have to make reservations for all of your meals, it is a BIG pia! Even though we got it free, it was still not worth it. Wait, you've done it before, right?

The Yeti ride? It is so awesome! A really neat and different experience. Danny actually did it and enjoyed it but said he'd never do it again. Adopt a Yeti on the way out. It is like $6 and it is small and comes with a care book.

The aquarium sounds really fun! Who is Winter?

We've done the deluxe dining plan before. We actually didn't want it, but his Mom did and since they are paying... LOL

I am definitely adopting a Yeti. I'm so intrigued now!

OMGosh Jordan would be SO upset that you don't know who Winter is. Everyone should know! LOL She's from the movie Dolphin Tale. She's a dolphin with a prosthetic tail. Jordan ADORES her and she is soooooo excited about meeting her. More than Disney actually. We bought her a dolphin trainer experience. She gets to spend 30 minutes with the dolphin and she feeds it. They only have special needs dolphins at the aquarium there. They are a rehab center and only keep the ones that they can't release. Winter has no tail, one of the others is deaf. I can't remember if it's Hope or Panama. You have to watch that movie!

Holy smokes! A dolphin training experience? That is so wonderful! She will NEVER forget that!

I have the Dolphin Tale movie. I just never watched it. I'll have to tell Ariel and Danny that Jordan gets to meet Winter. They will think that is pretty cool! When you scrap about it - and I know you will - I will show them the lo.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Abby and G are on their way home. They left at 3:30am cst. They should be home tomorrow night. She is already highly annoyed with being in the vehicle and they aren't even to Arkansas yet! Her and I are tracking the trip together while I am at work. It's sort of fun when you aren't the one in the car!

Oh dear...how is the dog going in the car? or is that what is driving Abby crazy?

I loved reading about the argument and G looking through the scrap books, that is really sweet.

G really surprises me sometimes.

The dog is fine in the car. It is Abby that is going crazy! First of all, she has no idea where the heck she is which scares her to begin with. I texted her most of the day yesterday so we were sort of on the journey together. J was texting her too.

Second of all, since our trip to Maine with J's parents where her and I were smushed in the very back seat for over 24 hours, she HATES long trips in the car. Can't say I blame her.

Anyway, they are almost to Indianapolis, Indiana right now and it should only take about 5 hours for them to get home. They are all going to G's parents to help them set their house back up and unpack but then they are coming here to spend the night until Sunday. We also get to meet the dog, Luna. I hope it gets along with our dogs and doesn't pee in our house. Although, I'm pretty sure it's going to pee in the house. I have the carpet cleaner set up for them to clean it up.

It should be interesting to see how the dog adapts since it was born in Texas... Shouldn't take long but it will be fun to watch! Abby is all worried about it but I told her that is why dogs have fur! She bought it a coat anyway.

I'd have bought the coat too. Just in case! LOL I'm goofy like that. Besides, the coat is probably cute. I mean, in her defense... LOL

Actually, Luna got used to the snow pretty quickly and even went to our back door several times to go outside. Then when Abby tried to put her coat on, she didn't want it on. Our dogs taught Luna fast!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I couldn't get Justified on Hulu and would rather wait to see something than watch commercials.

I have DVR and Netflix.

For the journaling, I have left comments like "I hope you wrote the description on that page somewhere" or something like that. Journaling is so important to me that I don't understand not doing it at all. I agree that sometimes the picture tells the story but not usually. You have to put yourself in the chair of someone who doesn't know you - as in someone a generation or so from now - so explanation is necessary. A good example is Shannon's Mr. Incredible lo. I could guess at what's going on but the journaling really clears it up.

Marlene, we save up a bunch of episodes on our DVR and just forward through the commercials. Works for us. This summer, we'll watch the entire "Elementary" series that way. We do that with "Burn Notice" too.

Have you seen anything about the Kevin Bacon series "The Following?" It looks really GOOD and it starts in a couple of weeks.

LOL about my Incredibles lo! Without journaling, someone might think some weird guys in tights beat up my husband!

My biggest peeve is when people scrap vacations without journaling. Why even bother?

I want to watch The Following too. Somebody remind me when it comes out? Will it be available on Hulu? I have Netflix too, but that would take a while, maybe I could DVR it? I don't watch a lot of TV, but I will turn it on for noise/entertainment while I scrap. I've been catching up on the Vampire Diaries.

Ariel is a HUGE Vampire Diaries freak! She has never missed an episode!

The following comes on January 21st I believe. I don't know if it will be on Hulu. Marlene can probably answer that.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Your kids seem to move around a lot Yvonne!

Yeah, that carppy cold carp seems to be going around. I hope all of the green tea I drink saves me!

Speaking of green tea, I got my tests back from my Dr. visit a couple of weeks ago and since going on my gluten free diet, all of my tests came back perfect! Well, except for the iron which was a bit low. I expected that. I am drinking less tea and trying not to drink it within a few hours of eating anything with iron in it. BTW, Rice Chex cereal is very high in iron in case anyone was looking for iron rich foods that aren't vegetables!

I'm so glad to hear that your test levels are better!! So... You're sick of broccoli? LOL I didn't know that about Chex. Hmmm... Thanks for the info.

LOL! I'm not really a broccoli fan. I like all sorts of veges but broccoli isn't really one of them.

I didn't know that about Chex either. If you eat 2 servings, you have 100% of the rda for the day!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

[quote=scrap4brains][quot e=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=scrap4brain s]Good morning.

Heather - sounds like your trip is going to be very nice with enough planned to have things to look forward to but with down time for spontenaity.

Shannon - that was so sweet of Danny. Is Abby having fun? About the fracking, if it's been done all around you the damage is done. I hope you don't end up one of those people who can set fire to what comes out of the water taps.

Lesley - good for a day to yourself.

Becky - I've seen those photo books and they are quite nice.
[/quote]

There won't be any downtime. MIL has it planned out of the wazoo. Well, the meals anyway. One day we're going to Clearwater Marine Aquarium so Jordan can fulfill her dream of meeting Winter. The rest of the days we belong to them. Luckily, they don't stay up too late and my BIL is coming with so there will be someone to do the more scary rides with me. Going to do the Yeti ride!

[/quote]

FYI, if you have the deluxe dining plan where you have to make reservations for all of your meals, it is a BIG pia! Even though we got it free, it was still not worth it. Wait, you've done it before, right?

The Yeti ride? It is so awesome! A really neat and different experience. Danny actually did it and enjoyed it but said he'd never do it again. Adopt a Yeti on the way out. It is like $6 and it is small and comes with a care book.

The aquarium sounds really fun! Who is Winter?
[/quote]

We've done the deluxe dining plan before. We actually didn't want it, but his Mom did and since they are paying... LOL

I am definitely adopting a Yeti. I'm so intrigued now!

OMGosh Jordan would be SO upset that you don't know who Winter is. Everyone should know! LOL She's from the movie Dolphin Tale. She's a dolphin with a prosthetic tail. Jordan ADORES her and she is soooooo excited about meeting her. More than Disney actually. We bought her a dolphin trainer experience. She gets to spend 30 minutes with the dolphin and she feeds it. They only have special needs dolphins at the aquarium there. They are a rehab center and only keep the ones that they can't release. Winter has no tail, one of the others is deaf. I can't remember if it's Hope or Panama. You have to watch that movie!

[/quote]

I should have commented earlier. I recently watched that movie. My kids say I throw their Netflix recommendations off with all the kid movies. Well, I like feel good movies and won't apologize.
[/quote]

LOL! People really care about the recommendations?! In case you do, I recommend Looper. It was better than I expected and had a neat ending.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I have DVR and Netflix.

They're advertising it on Hulu.

See! I knew that she would know!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Well, I am at work and I work tomorrow as well but I have next week off. They won't have work then. I am planning on cleaning/reorganizing the family room and Danny's room. They both need it badly!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I did go out to do some needed shopping. Had to get a couple things for my mom. Matty called complaining about morning sickness so Kyle and I made her gnocchi (Italian potato pasta). Ken and I took that to her and Kyle made dinner. I am pooped.

I got my scraptastic kit and an order from SB.com.

I have to take Betty to the vet first thing in the a.m. then I should be able to scrap.

Morning sickness sucks but that's what moms are for, right? So nice of you!

You ordered those things? I am SO jealous!!!

Is Betty's trip routine? I hope she is ok.

Yea, it was booster shots.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=slywalker][quote=mr smiller]Abby and G are on their way home. They left at 3:30am cst. They should be home tomorrow night. She is already highly annoyed with being in the vehicle and they aren't even to Arkansas yet! Her and I are tracking the trip together while I am at work. It's sort of fun when you aren't the one in the car!
[/quote]
Oh dear...how is the dog going in the car? or is that what is driving Abby crazy?

I loved reading about the argument and G looking through the scrap books, that is really sweet.
[/quote]

G really surprises me sometimes.

The dog is fine in the car. It is Abby that is going crazy! First of all, she has no idea where the heck she is which scares her to begin with. I texted her most of the day yesterday so we were sort of on the journey together. J was texting her too.

Second of all, since our trip to Maine with J's parents where her and I were smushed in the very back seat for over 24 hours, she HATES long trips in the car. Can't say I blame her.

Anyway, they are almost to Indianapolis, Indiana right now and it should only take about 5 hours for them to get home. They are all going to G's parents to help them set their house back up and unpack but then they are coming here to spend the night until Sunday. We also get to meet the dog, Luna. I hope it gets along with our dogs and doesn't pee in our house. Although, I'm pretty sure it's going to pee in the house. I have the carpet cleaner set up for them to clean it up.

It should be interesting to see how the dog adapts since it was born in Texas... Shouldn't take long but it will be fun to watch! Abby is all worried about it but I told her that is why dogs have fur! She bought it a coat anyway.
[/quote]

I'd have bought the coat too. Just in case! LOL I'm goofy like that. Besides, the coat is probably cute. I mean, in her defense... LOL

[/quote]

Actually, Luna got used to the snow pretty quickly and even went to our back door several times to go outside. Then when Abby tried to put her coat on, she didn't want it on. Our dogs taught Luna fast!
[/quote]

We had a coat for Holly when she was a pup (about 1 year old). She had it on for about 30 seconds and went all Incredible Hulk on it.
Rah Rah Holly Dawg By Scrap4brains

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

We had a coat for Holly when she was a pup (about 1 year old). She had it on for about 30 seconds and went all Incredible Hulk on it.
Rah Rah Holly Dawg By Scrap4brains

LOL! I am picturing her busting out of it!
Cute pic too.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Becky Scraps

• Becky Scraps Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Too funny! I get crazy recommendations on my Netflix. Between Ronnie's obsession with sports movies and the kids' obsession with SpongeBob... My queue is a big old mess!

We have the same problem.

It's going to get even worse. Since they got the iPad they've found "Netflix for Kids". I hear Jesse and SpongeBob at all hours of the day.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Holy smokes! A dolphin training experience? That is so wonderful! She will NEVER forget that!

I have the Dolphin Tale movie. I just never watched it. I'll have to tell Ariel and Danny that Jordan gets to meet Winter. They will think that is pretty cool! When you scrap about it - and I know you will - I will show them the lo.

She's very excited about it! We're all also going down to pet a dolphin for about 10 minutes for a photo op, but she gets the HUGE experience. It was worth the $300+. She freaked out when she got the tickets on Christmas morning. I'm pretty sure she's more excited about Winter than Disney World. I will DEFINITELY be scrapping it! In fact, I just bought an .svg file to use on the page. LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics