Username Post: Scotch Pink Gun        (Topic#1547979)
SherryMichalik
New Kid On the Block
SherryMichalik

Does anyone know what the product number is for the archival adhesive for this gun? I can't seem to find it.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to SherryMichalik

scotch gold tape I think is the best tape. This is a great deal. Makes me wish I didn't already have 2 so I could get one! LOL! I get my tape at the framingsupplies place.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to DivaDana

I have 2 also, but a pink one would be nice.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-01-10 09:18 AM
In response to stephie

I love my pink gun and just ordered one for a friend.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GMFTS

There is a "general purpose" tape, which I believe is NOT acid-free.

The acid-free ones are:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I understand the pink ATG takes the same adhesive as the ATG 714.

rampea2
Veteran
rampea2
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks for the info! I was looking for it as well! Is there a consensus on what the best tape gun is? Would it be this one? I'm still using a dotter and would like to "graduate" to a tape gun for bigger projects...

Thanks!

Also, does anyone have experience with the glue arts glue glider pro? Is it better or worse than the scotch pink (I'm worried this gun will be too big!).
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by rampea2 on 12-07-10 12:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to rampea2

I have both (ATG and Glue Glider Pro). If I had to do over again, I would have by passed the ggp and went straight for the ATG. You get more for less on the refills for the ATG (3 yards for approx $2.50 per roll vs. $8.99 for 40ft). The tape cartridge for the GGP is so big and it is made of plastic...so if you are an environment conscience person, then the ggp might not be for you. I will say the adhesive is strong on the ggp. I do keep the ggp around for the repositional adhesive

rampea2
Veteran
rampea2
In response to HisGEM

Thank you so much! That was really helpful. I am pretty happy to hear that the ATG uses less plastic in addition to the fact that everyone's been raving about it on some of the other forums.

ATG it is!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to rampea2

I have both the Glue Glider Pro and recently bougth the ATG. I thought the ATG would be too heavy, so that's why I first bought the GGP earlier in the year. But, the Pink ATG is easy to handle and use. I love it very much.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics