Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: scrapbook does not lay flat        (Topic#1547999)
New Kid On the Block

My completed 8x8 scrapbook does not lay flat because of the embellishments used. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Will the book eventually flatten out? Any suggestions will be appreciated?

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Mom2girls1

use d-ring instead
use less pages
store upwards

hth

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Brandilynn

same as above...

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

if you have a post bound book, you need to get some extenders to make the binding wider. then use the cardboard spacers in between the pages when you fill the book. this will make the book lay flat.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Dimensional LO's and non-fanning out pages don't go together!!! I have the same issue. When my pages did not include any dimensional product, I was fine. Now that I use the flowers, chipboard, buttons, etc.. it's a whole different ball of wax!! Yes, less pages in a book helps. But, then the dilemma of 4 times the number of albums becomes an issue.. at least for me!!! I am running out of storage room. I don't know if there is a solution really.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to momma paparazzi

if you have a post bound album add post extenders.

Or switch to a D Ring.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
if you have a post bound book, you need to get some extenders to make the binding wider. then use the cardboard spacers in between the pages when you fill the book. this will make the book lay flat.

I use that thin foam (JoAnn's) for my spacers. Just trim it the width you want and punch the holes; easier to make your own with that product.

New Kid On the Block

Thank you all for your suggestions.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

that's the reason I switched to D-ring albums ... I love 3D embellies and the other albums wouldn't lay flat ... drove me bonkers

creater1
Diva
creater1

oh the foam sounds like a great idea. I have been making spacers from chipboard sheets and it so hard to cut.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to creater1

I use D ring albums because of the embellishments I use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to prittb

you mean like this?

aye yay yay By CommaHolly

oh boy By CommaHolly

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to CommaHolly

Use foam spacers, very cheap and works great.

queenofstash
Expert
queenofstash
In response to lilmrmaid

General Rules State:

* Signatures, posts, and threads may not contain images of any kind. (Content of this nature should only be shared via email, Private Message, or posted in the Layout Gallery and linked in message text.)

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar

Holly - bwahahaha... no that doesn't look like any of mine ;-) But I think you take the cake on how far it's actually open

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JeepMama-Ar

who posted a photo the wrong way? My photo is the only one in this thread, and it's posted in my gallery.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-08-10 03:05 AM
In response to queenofstash

• tfs Said:
General Rules State:

* Signatures, posts, and threads may not contain images of any kind. (Content of this nature should only be shared via email, Private Message, or posted in the Layout Gallery and linked in message text.)

If you're going to be policing threads about images you might want to look outside of this one...there are many, many, many that contain images, especially the challenge threads, critique threads, etc.... You might want to verify what you're posting about before you "quote" rules to people....I think here the broke rule would be..."NICE MATTERS", don't you?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-08-10 03:05 AM

oops!

Edited by theboydbunch on 12-08-10 03:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to Huskymom

I find the post extenders hard to work with. There are screws called binding screws at hard word stores(aka aluminum fasteners) that basically work the same way, but they are all one piece and much easier to use. They are the right size to fit in the holes of albums(8/32") and they come in varying lengths - from 1/4 inch up to 2 inches. They screw in a casing so similar to the post extenders but much longer,easier, and more secure! Still add the foam or cardboard inserts described above.

marzbe
marzbe 
New Kid On the Block
marzbe
In response to ollychelle

• ollychelle Said:
I find the post extenders hard to work with. There are screws called binding screws at hard word stores(aka aluminum fasteners) that basically work the same way, but they are all one piece and much easier to use. They are the right size to fit in the holes of albums(8/32") and they come in varying lengths - from 1/4 inch up to 2 inches. They screw in a casing so similar to the post extenders but much longer,easier, and more secure! Still add the foam or cardboard inserts described above.

I was going to say the same thing. The binding screws work wonders. Plus, they're under $1 a piece, so much easier than post extensions.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics