Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Christmas Gift Ideas        (Topic#1548153)
mech72 
New Kid On the Block

Hello,

I recently started dating a woman who is into scrapbooking and would like to get her something for Christmas. I'm not sure what she already has, as far as tools and supplies. Is there anything that someone can never have enough of, or any other gift recommendations?

Thanks!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to mech72

How about a gift certificate to this website (they have an awesome superstore!) or to a local scrapbook store? That way she could pick out what she would like and you would get "extra points" for taking interest and showing support for one of her hobbies!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Shutterbugg

I would go for a gift cert for the superstore here too

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

A gift certificate would be good, since you don't know what she already has. another option would be put together a kit of basics, things that often run out - like various adhesive refills, cardstock, etc. If you know what some of her favorite colors are, you could always add in some ribbon or paper in those colors.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Cardstock is always good.

A selection of flowers or bling type embellies that she may not be willing to spend $$ on (can get expensive).

Or a gift certificate is a good idea too!

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady
In response to Scrapbook Queen

If she's a member of this website, see if she has a wishlist.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Katlady

I'd go with consumables. Here are some ideas that almost anyone would like:

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to cindy312

A scrapper can never have enough $$$$ to spend. I say a money gift card that way she can shop at her favorite sites/places and if there are any great sales she will get more stuff.
We scrappers are pretty savy shoppers and we love getting more for less.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to creater1

Does she have a die-cutting machine? It would probably be pretty easy to find out,,,,,

If she DOES have one, how about some cartridges or dies for it?

What is her "style" of scrapping? does she use tons of flowers, bling flourishes, etc? Or is she a clean and simple scrapper?

And, of course, either a gift certificate, OR a day of shopping followed by lunch is always nice!!!!

DH didn't know what to get me once, so he picked me up after work, drove me to the store, and let me pick out anything I wanted up to 100 bucks,,,,,

then he took me out for dinner!

It was AWESOME!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
And, of course, either a gift certificate, OR a day of shopping followed by lunch is always nice!!!!

DH didn't know what to get me once, so he picked me up after work, drove me to the store, and let me pick out anything I wanted up to 100 bucks,,,,, then he took me out for dinner!

I'd go with this one!! Spending time with someone is always the best gift!

What an awesome boyfriend you are!!

mc_hudd
Veteran
mc_hudd
In response to Fargomutt

I think it's so cool that you signed up on this site just to ask what to get your GF for Christmas! Brownie Points (from me at least) on that!

I would either go w/ a gift card/prepaid Visa, or the "take her shopping & to dinner" idea. If it was my DH, I would definitely not want him picking stuff out for me, simply b/c I have so much & he'd probably get me something I already had when I'd rather have had something different.

Good luck & if she isn't already a member, tell your GF about this site!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to mc_hudd

• mc_hudd Said:
I think it's so cool that you signed up on this site just to ask what to get your GF for Christmas! Brownie Points (from me at least) on that!

I would either go w/ a gift card/prepaid Visa, or the "take her shopping & to dinner" idea. If it was my DH, I would definitely not want him picking stuff out for me, simply b/c I have so much & he'd probably get me something I already had when I'd rather have had something different.

Good luck & if she isn't already a member, tell your GF about this site!

Agreed! ...and congrats on being so thoughtful!

ScrapperBerly
Veteran
ScrapperBerly
In response to rockmom

For my birthday, my stepkids bought me 3d layered sticker packs that coordinate with specific events, such as our cruise, our wedding, birthdays, etc. I wouldn't normally buy that kind of stuff so it's a real treat to use them.

You can't go wrong with consumable craft products. Some people have preferences on, or already own, eyelet setters, binders, scissors, punches, etc. But paper and parts can always be used up.

Or, try a new blank album for her to fill!

astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory
In response to ScrapperBerly

You know, I've got to agree with some of the other ladies here--that you are on here at ALL speaks a lot about your interest in getting a great gift! My husband won't even step near my scrap room, and forget getting a gift of scrapbook supplies!

I tend to go with the whole shopping-and-dinner idea. However, ripping into a big ol' box of goodies is fun, too. Whatever you do--even if you have to force yourself, take an interest in the things you're getting her. If you take her shopping, ask why such-and-such is important, or how it's used. THAT would be an awesome gift, right there!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mech72

Hi,
I have got an idea for every present and every person. Not only the gift is important but also the packaging. You can decorate the packaging with a personalized ribbon where is a name, date, symbol, etc on it. You can create it by your own and order it from Labels and Ribbon.
I might I could help you :-)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Robert81

I love the dinner and shopping idea! That is what my husband would do and I totally love it.

The nicest big scrapping gift you can give her is an electronic cutter but I definitely would not do that unless you know for sure she doesn't have one and if she even wants one (not all scrapbookers want one) and if so - what kind she wants.

I love love love Cricut, my best scrapbooking buddy love love loves her Cameo. There is the Cricut camp and the Cameo or SIlhouette camps in the preferences. Both are excellent but she will have to choose which one she prefers.

Some of us here want the new Cricut Explore (I would love to upgrade to that) and some here are dreaming of a new Cameo.

You could be a bit sneaky and "lie a little, but its just a little white one" and say you saw a show on TV advertising electronic cutting machines - (Home shopping Network and QVC run the ads all the time) and see if she gets excited or tells you which one she prefers.

I am given a lot of stack packs, inks, pens, and other supplies. Over 95% end up in yard sales or on the exchange rack at crops. We all have such individual tastes when it comes to scrap supplies I could not even buy scrapping stuff for my best friend who is a scrapper. Nor could she buy supplies for me.

I bought her a big selection of Tim Holtz distress inks several years ago. They ended up on a give-away table, she likes a different brand better.

I like smooth cardstock, my best friend loves textured.

IF you can't go with the dinner and shopping - I'd go with the gift certificate. A girl can never have too many gift certificates in her wallet!

Really though, as I always told my kids, if you listen to people - really listen - they will tell you exactly what they want.

Does she have a best friend she scraps with? If so, she may can tell you some of the things your girlfriend has mentioned that she would like to have.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, this is a 4 year-old thread revived by a spammer!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

Oh Rosey - I didn't catch that! I'm glad you pay better attention than I do.

Hate it when this happens! I thought it was a fresh new thread!

Veteran
In response to Henri Jean

LOL! I was about to respond to this too. I guess the lure of a man who wants to buy scrapbook items for his girl is irresistable.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to preraphaelitess

I agree with shutterbug-- a gift certificate is the real only way to insure you do not repeat buys
Your a great guy for wanting to get her something here !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics