Username Post: A question about (Paper) ...        (Topic#1548253)
New Kid On the Block

Hi
Im so new 2 scrapbook...trying 2 read as much as i can...I want 2 order (paper) online , but i live in a place that it'll take so long 2 arrive & the options here r so limited& expensive !!!
Anyways, i want 2 know which paper ill use in LO's...I've read about , cardstock , paper , chipboards , etc ... & i really didnt know the differance !!!
So plz HELP
Thanx

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to halasaed

Solid color cardstock. (variety pack) and Printed paper packs are what I use the most. The paper packs coordinate together and the solid cardstock I use alot with the printed paper. Here are examples. You just look at the papers and cardstock to see what you like best and think you will use. Hope this helps.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 12-05-10 05:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to debby_westbrook

cardstock usually refers to plain colored paper,,,,,you'll want some basics,,,,what colors, depends on what colors you enjoy scrapping with. I find I use white, black, navy blue, brown, moss green, and burgundy the most, so I buy the most of those,,, but I like to have lots of colors.

I would recommend paper packs for patterned paper,,,,,usually, all the colors are complimentary and go together. Often the patterned paper is just as heavy as card stock, but people tend to call it patterned paper due to the patterns on it.

So many companies make patterned paper that it's hard to tell you which ones to buy. It really depends on your style. I started out with DCWV because it was affordable, then switched to K and Company, also affordable. However, my style has changed over the years, and I love many different manufacturers. check out the super store here for tons of ideas.

You may want to find the paper pack you LOVE and then choose solid card stock colors that match, because those may be the colors you scrap with the most.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Oh, chipboard is basically "cardboard",,,it comes in varying thicknesses, in sheets, and in cut out shapes and letters,,,,,,,sometimes "finished" and sometimes "naked",,,the naked chipboard can be inked, painted, covered with paper, etc.

The sheets are great for making mini books (cut to the size of the book),,,,,the shapes are great for embellishments on pages, etc.

many people use cereal boxes for chipboard,,,,just be aware that MOST chipboard is not acid free! (It will say on the package if it is)

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to CommaHolly

You will definitely find the products you love after trying a bunch of different ones. American Crafts cardstock and Bazzill cardstock are my cardstock of choice and I generally use them as my layout base. I add pattern paper on top as I don't like a flimsy l/o even though it is going into an album.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stephie

Thank u so much 4 yr answers ...

Dedria Design
Resident
Dedria Design
In response to halasaed

I normally use solid colored card stock for the background of my layout, then layer different patterned papers on top. The card stock is heavier weight than most printed papers. I have collected 15 years worth of paper, so it's hard to tell you which type of printed paper to use. I think the best printed paper is any you can get on sale! Since it's meant to last a really long time, I figure I will use it eventually on something.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics