Username Post: Big shot vs. Big Kick vs. Spellbinder        (Topic#1548345)
squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

I am debating which machine I want for diecutting.
Big Shot vs. Big Kick vs. Spellbinder.
Opinions please

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to squirmys mom

I've only ever used the my Big Shot but I love love love it! Very easy to use and compatible with pretty much every die. I probably use it more than my cricut even!

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to MrsAnnieS

have you been able to emboss with it as well? a friend of mine is having problems getting it to emboss?

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to squirmys mom

I've been very happy with the Cuttlebug - it embosses beautifully!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-06-10 07:52 PM
In response to tinacome

Big Shot and Big Kick are the same machine.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to stick

Have never used a Big Shot, but love my spellbinder wizard for cutting and for embossing.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to scrapperbee

I know the Cuttlebug wasn't one of the machines you listed, but I love mine because I can use any die or embossing folder/template in it and it works beautifully.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to scrapinsmiles

Honestly I love my Cuttlebug because it cuts and embosses EVERY die that is out there quickly and easily. I have the BigShot, but find the Cuttlebug so much better. Plus it can be folded and transported easily.

Pinksky-
Resident
Pinksky-
In response to stephie

I love the Big Shot. I love the ease of a manual die cutter. I'm not ready for all the button pushing, blade changing, too sticky--not sticky enough mats with the Cricut. I love simplicity. Not too mention the Tim Holtz Sizzix Dies. I do wish I would've have splurged and bought the Big Shot Pro though which cuts 12x12!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Pinksky-

I truely think that I have all the cutting systems with the exception of the CB and Silhouette. I love the Electric Big Shot and I find that I use my Quickutz more now than ever.
It is so convient to load up the large platform which I believe you can put 18 2 x 2 dies on.
It embosses very nice and all at the push of a button no more cranking and tired wrist.
I do love my Cricut but I have so many Quickutz dies and don't plan on selling them ever.
Electronic cutting systems are nice but when you need tiny like the detailed Quickutz and
Cottage Cutz you can't always count on a consistent cut. I just did some very detailed mini books that had a manger with the baby Jesus and oh my it was tiny think of a 2 x 2 die with a manger, manger legs and straw, the other 2 x 2 die had the baby Jesus including the two very very tiny pieces to make the blanket. Now that is really really tiny. I had to use tweezers to glue everything together but so worth it. Everyone loved there gifts and appreciated the labor of love. HTH

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to creater1

I have the big shot. I love it. It will do dies from all of the manual die cutting systems along with all the sizzix dies. I use my Quickuts, cuddle bug dies and my spellbinders dies with and it works great. It will also emboss the spellbinders dies and cuddle bug folders.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics