Username Post: What do you adhere with your Scotch ATG gun???        (Topic#1548451)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I finally got my pink atg gun tonight.YEAH! MY dh bought it for me. I am so excited! I used to crop with lots of atg croppers & I know they used it on chipboard, papers & I can't remember what else. Can I use it on flowers? wood? I imagine using it on wood since framers use it. What all do you guys use it on?
tia

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Quite a bit,,,although I find it useless for somethings, as great as it is lace for instance,,,won't stick.

I do use it for wrapping packages though,,,,,much simpler than losing the tape, finding the tape, trying to use tape one handed call me nuts, but it makes wrapping tons of packages much simpler!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to CommaHolly

Woohoo!!! Congrats on getting an ATG Use it on anything and everything. And I even used it to actually frame some photos too

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Jennifer Priest

I use it on everything except heavy embellies.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I finally got my pink atg gun tonight.YEAH! MY dh bought it for me. I am so excited! I used to crop with lots of atg croppers & I know they used it on chipboard, papers & I can't remember what else. Can I use it on flowers? wood? I imagine using it on wood since framers use it. What all do you guys use it on?
tia

I am VERY sure that framers do NOT use it on wood!!

It's used in matting (not the frames themselves).

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • anda11 Said:
tia

I am VERY sure that framers do NOT use it on wood!!

It's used in matting (not the frames themselves).

Actually, my dearest Linda, they do. It's what holds the dust paper backing onto the frame.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to moxiegirl23

Okay, I stand corrected.

Again, Liz, YOU are right.

(I've never used that paper backing in framing, so *I* use it in cutting double mats.)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

well I used to think that they held th ewood pieces of the fram together with it myself,,,until I got one and used it, and saw that this was virtually impossible so there you have it!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

Well. I wasn't planning on using it wood on wood. I was thinking attaching stuff to wood. LOL

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to anda11

Congrats and enjoy! I use it on just about everything too...flowers, ribbon, metal embellies, buttons, etc. Anything I can get a little swipe of it on...I use it!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thanks everyone for this informative discussion... roflmbo I am glad you said buttons & metal. I forgot about ribbon. I wonder why it does not work on lace.
Thanks everyone!! I appreciate it!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics