Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Christmas plans        (Topic#1548861)
soonerscrapper
Veteran
soonerscrapper

Does anybody have any Christmas plans? I'm going to my dad's family's Christmas then spend Christmas Eve with my dad and Christmas with my mom.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to soonerscrapper

Since we have a blended family, we travel to many houses Christmas Eve and Day. My MIL's house after we get the kids at 3 on Christmas Eve, dinner, presents and church. Christmas Day, we'll have breakfast, presents then take kids to their other parents house to share the holiday.

soonerscrapper
Veteran
soonerscrapper
In response to ScrappyMama6

My parents are divorced so I know the feeling. At least now that my sisters and I are older when can go whenever we want.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to soonerscrapper

Nothing but hanging out with dh and sons! Sweet!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ncyankee

We're Jewish, which should mean Chinese food and movies ...

but DH converted, so he takes the kids to see his Mom in DC for a few days. I don't get along well with MIL (a mild understatement) and I work in retail, so it's the perfect excuse to no longer join them.

I meet them in Baltimore on Christmas day to hang out with the aunts/uncles/cousins (who I love) and may stay there overnight before I drive back to NY, or I might drive back that night (usually depends on the weather).

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-14-10 04:40 PM
In response to madmatter

Mad, the Chinese places here aren't open! ugh, what are the people without family who don't cook to do?

I don't know. I was hoping for a nice quiet just me and dh Christmas. But dad said they were coming up. which means I get to spend day before and Christmas Eve cleaning. and finding a place that's open for us to eat or go shopping for food (I found out AFTER i went shopping this weekend).

I should start cleaning now. Sigh. Dh will go see mil I'm assuming while I'm cleaning.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ELynn

E, there are too many Jews around here for the Chinese restaurants to close

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-14-10 04:57 PM
In response to madmatter

We need more Jews. Got it. Can you and Holly move here and start converting people? I'll buy ya dinner!

Sorry Lori, ditching the cows.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to ELynn

Christmas Eve with my mom's side and DH's family is at our house, Christmas Day will just be me and DH and the dog and cats! The families aren't happy but we decided since this will be the last Christmas just me and DH that is how we are going to spend it!

My parents are divorced too and it used to cause soooo many issues of who went where and when, but now that my Dad goes out of the country for the holidays life is easier!!! I get to see him for New Years

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

i am making (actually having catered) dinner which will be served around noon, enjoying the company of my in-laws. I then have to go to work at the bowling alley from 5pm until midnight. Good prices if you want to keep me company!!

Andrea.
Resident
Andrea.
In response to Fargomutt

on christmas eve.. We tend to spend it at my boyfriends parents house. Dinner @ 6 & presents @ 12.. Christmas day .. We spend it with my parents

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ELynn

• ELynn Said:
We need more Jews. Got it. Can you and Holly move here and start converting people? I'll buy ya dinner!

Sorry Lori, ditching the cows.

E, it's against my religion to try and convert anyone TO my religion But um,,,,maybe if you convinced all of NY or all of Miami to move?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

DD is Christian and DH is Christian (we let the children choose), so we will go to DD's house for Christmas Eve, spend the night, and have Christmas day with her,,,,

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

Christmas Eve is just me and DH. Christmas Day we'll go over to his ex-wife's house for gift exchange and an early dinner. (Love blended families ***sarcasm alert***)

DH and his ex have 2 grown children. When we first got together, they had to do "the run" every holiday. First by our house, then their mother's house, then their grandparents. And of course there was food at every one and were expected to eat. And Nicki was dragging 2 little ones with her too. Nicki pitched a fit one year about never having her parents together in the same room again so after about 4 years we were able to come together for our first Christmas. We do it for the kids, especially the grandkids. They love having us all together. To them it's normal.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MrsSugarBear

E Gads, that has to be uncomfortable for you, Melissa,,,,it's good that you can get along for a while though,,,I'd NEVER expect my parents to be in the same room for that long,,,,except maybe for a wedding or something and sitting at SEPARATE tables

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

Yeah....it's not my favorite way to spend the holidays but....it's worth it to me to see the kids faces all smiles.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I guess you deal for the kids,,,,,,

still, I hope you get some private time with DH during the holidays.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

We do. Christmas Eve has always been ours. And this year he is off too. (He normally works on Christmas Eve.) Normally I make a special dinner for just the two of us. This year I'm making him lasagna - one of his favorites.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

that sounds wonderful!!!!!! My Christmas Eve consists of trying to keep the SIL from getting so drunk he breaks a window or something else stupid He's not a big drinker, and 2 drinks and he's staggering

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet

A very blended holiday for me, especially since I am Jewish. On CE I will be taking some of our University's Chinese students to see the Moscow Ballet perform the Nutcracker. On CD will be home with SE, and we are having a friend or two over for dinner.

This is a great holiday for us, since the prior three years I was unemployed and we did not do anything, too busy trying to keep a roof over our heads. I am so happy to be working again.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics