Username Post: bigshot vs. cuttlebug        (Topic#1548957)
scrappydoo77
Expert
scrappydoo77

i would like to know which 1 is better because i really only want it to do some embossing so i was wondering which 1 i should buy?

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to scrappydoo77

If all you want to do is embossing, the economical thing to get is the texture boutique. I love mine!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CatScrapsHere

If there is any chance you would use it for die cutting I'd highly recommend the big shot. I love mine. And if you have an Archivers, Michaels or Joanns near you you could get it with a coupon.

But if you are just looking to emboss I'd also recommend the texture boutique. It works with all embossing folders. I use mine all the time.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love my cuttlebug I only emboss as well what I found in my research when it was time for me to buy is that the bigshot is bigger and a lil more $, the boutique doesnt take ALL ie) I had alot of the old fiskar plates laying around I wanted to be able to use em' as well as the nestabilities, neither of which I understand to work in the boutique.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love my Big Shot! It works with all embossing folders AND dies. This was one of my first scrappy purchases and don't regret it! Take advantage of coupons! If you don't have a Joanns near you, you can order online and one of us can give you a great coupon code to use!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to KayMCee

I've used both machines, and I will tell you why I chose the BigShot. It feels more sturdy. I like the weight of it and the fact that it just sits where I put it and doesn't move. It takes all dies except for the largest of the new Grand Nestabilities. I love, love, love the multipurpose platform and I don't understand why it's not the standard for all manual machines. There's not need to try to figure out the perfect sandwich of A/B/C plates - just the platform and a plate and you're good to go.

The Texture Boutique is a great little machine and I do love mine, but if there is even a chance that you might get a few Nestabilites in the future, I'd suggest you go for a machine that cuts and embosses.

Here is a compatibility chart to help you with your decision: http://www.scrapbook.com/articles/doc/38007/36 3.html. You should also read the owner reviews on the shopping portion of the site. There's a great one from someone who owns both machines.

scrappydoo77
Expert
scrappydoo77
In response to traceyjean

thank you all so very much for your imput i really appreciate it i need something that's not real big or heavy also if i ever do decide to buy die cuts i would like to be able to use them so i think i'm leaning more towards a cuttlebug

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow
In response to scrappydoo77

I just thought I'd add my 2 cents here since I just got a Cuttlebug. I love, love, love it!!! It's so easy to use and it sticks to the table surface really well (Better than I have seen in videos). I bought some cuttlebug embossing folders as well as sizzix embossing folders and they all work great. HSN.com has a deal on the cuttlebug for 89.95 and it comes with a bunch of folders. Hope that helps some.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics