Username Post: Gift for GF        (Topic#1549193)
New Kid On the Block

Is it possible, as a complete beginner, to scrapbook in a week to make a gift for a girlfriend? I would like to keep it under $75. Is this an unrealistic gift or could I learn and do it well in a week?

Tenant
In response to theace111

I wouldn't say it's impossible, try looking for a a page kit, you can get ones which give you step to step instructions on making the page and they look really professional and don't take alot of knowledge. There are other kits which provide you with just enough supplies to finish a scrapbook but don't provide you with step by step instructions to make a page (but some come with idea booklets). Ask questions and look through the forum and go on youtube as there are some great tutorial videos.

I can't help you with the under $75 as I don't live in America, but maybe you can try making a chipboard mini album (a scrapbook that is smaller than 12x12), it's smaller (so quicker to finish) and should be cheaper as it's not as big.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by south1001 on 12-21-10 01:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to south1001

It's possible to scrap a whole book in a week,,,,a whole book usually consists of 20 scrapped pages,,,,,

I would recommend an 8x8 book, however, as opposed to a 12x12, as they are cheaper, easier, faster, and use less product on a page,,,,,

You'll need a scrapbook, which will probably cost you about 10-20 bucks,,,,,,you'll need some paper,,,I'd go with an 8x8 stack,,,,,,10-20 dollars, depending on stack,,,,,use coupons for the most expensive purchase, and if you bring someone with you, you can use TWO coupons (if they take an item to the counter to pay for it),,,,that should help cost,,,,

what may be difficult for you is the cost of things you may not HAVE to make a scrapbook,,,,a trimmer, for example,,,,,adhesive, etc,,,,

I think if you keep it simple, don't go overboard on things like stickers, etc, you could get something rather nice done up in a week if you hustle

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

another option, is to do fewer pages than a full 20,,,,leaving the blank pages for the two of you to scrap together when you have adventures

Tenant
In response to CommaHolly

^ Yea I was going to add that, you can always leave pages blank for you or her to add.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics