Username Post: Attaching paper to glitter cardstock        (Topic#1549547)
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards and I need your help. I would like to make invitations for my daughter's upcoming Sweet Sixteen party as the invitations she wants are $418.00! That seems outrageous to me. The paper with the wording on it would be attached to a piece of glitter cardstock. How would I attach the paper to the glitter cardstock so that it is secure and won't fall off? Someone suggested a glue dot but wouldn't that make it stick too far off the paper and look weird? I don't know because I am not a big scrapbooker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at BrknArrow518@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Kathleen

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to BrknArrow518

Glue dots are not the foam dots. They are flat circles of really tacky adhesive so they should not raise the paper off the cardstock. Hope that helps!

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen

I think glue dots would work great, there are different kinds and the pop up ones would make it stick up but I don't believe the others would. I have included a few items that I would use. Zip Dry works great too. It dries fast

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to cdsqueen

You could also use the double sided tape which has the red backing. It's ponly the backingt hat is red. It's super-tacky and holds everything!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to SuperAllyFan

I was going to come on and say to use tacky tape, but Kimmi beat me to it. While glue dots hold pretty much anything, I think the tacky tape would be better in this case.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to siameseplease

glue dots or brads
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 12-28-10 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Just G

WIth some glittery paper, I've had the Glue Dots come off because the glitter stuck to the dots and then came off the paper. So it depends on the type of glittery paper you use.

I would use Zip Dry, myself.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks so much ladies! I will be making a trip to AC Moore or Michael's and will try the double-sided tape and Zip Dry Paper glue.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

Let us know how they turn out.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to lisymarie

Thanks for asking this question and the answers. I had objects falling off a lo on glitter cs lately and was so bummed. Now, I can fix it and know it will 'stick'.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics