Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Glues and Adhesives        (Topic#1549589)
hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt

Does anyone have any preferences in glues and adhesives that work best over time? I recently got back an album I made for my mother just a couple of years ago and the pages and pictures were all falling out. I used a tape runner don't know which brand. Makes me rethink anything I make for long term. Help!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to hitchyt

This. You'll never regret it,,,,,use a coupon at M's and the gun will cost 20-24 bucks,,,refills are 10 bucks for 2 and each roll is 108 feet,,,,,you can use a coupon for them too to bring the price down,,,,,,,

it's the best and ultimately, it's the cheapest.

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to CommaHolly

I just got my pink ATG. I'm going home today and I can't wait to use it! I also have a bunch of other goodies sitting on my kitchen counter in brand new packages waiting to be put to use.

I use dots for my buttons and kaisercraft or sobo craft glue for my heavy embellishments. With clear items I use zip dry or spray vellum adhesive. Then when mounting my pages to chipboard for chipboard albums I use a glue stick (the lime greem one, not sure of the name). I just have to make sure it doesn't dry befre I put the page on or it won't stick. So far i've had nothing but success from these. I also use glue glider and as far as adhesive I've never had anything come unglued with it but I'm switching to ATG see which I like better and which is easier to use.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to beccacrouch

Diamond Glaze and Dots

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Just G

Stay away from glue sticks!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Bxr-Linda

Tombow Mono works the best for me and you can get a lot of use out of this little bottle because it doesn't take much to adhere. It is permanent adhesive. One end is a fine tip and the other is a broad applicator.

Mono Multi Liquid Glue

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

• CommaHolly Said:
This. You'll never regret it,,,,,use a coupon at M's and the gun will cost 20-24 bucks,,,refills are 10 bucks for 2 and each roll is 108 feet,,,,,you can use a coupon for them too to bring the price down,,,,,,,

I got this for Christmas. I love it! I don't know how it will hold up over time but so far it seems to be holding everything well.

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to caraboo

I'm with Holly & Cara... ATG rocks. I do still use Zots for buttons and a tape for ribbon but for pretty much everything else it's the ATG

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to JeepMama-Ar

Thanks too for the advise. I use zots as I couldnt stand the glue stick liquid. I have one of the glue strip things that looks like white out but not overly impressed with that either. I saw the pink atg at M's the other day and was curious if really works- Thanks again.

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to Linda Haulsee

Well, I am so excited I bought my pink atg today!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to latina43

you will LOVE it!!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to hitchyt

Thanks, I have the coupon and gift card will have to try them out. Its a waste of good scrapbooking if it doesn't stay together, huh?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to hitchyt

Love my ATG. I have the red one, and mine is about 4 years old now. And nothing is lose in my albums at all.

New Kid On the Block
In response to moonpuff

ATG is a good pick, have tried other brand and the output aint that goody

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to haydeejamison

Went to Michael's could not find the ATG?? Am I looking at the wrong place?

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

• CommaHolly Said:

Worth every cent. I couldn't scrap without it now. And it even came in handy when I was wrapping Christmas presents and I ran out of tape!

Sweetmel381
Expert
Sweetmel381
In response to meezerpleaser

I use a Ad tech permanent bond glue runner and then for loose glitter and rhinestones things of that nature I use ZIG pen. I'm really wanting to get an ATG runner, heard nothing but good things about it

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Sweetmel381

Got my ATG on Amazon for 22 w/free shipping.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-30-10 02:01 PM
In response to lisymarie

Another vote for the ATG...I love it!

hitchyt
Tenant
hitchyt
In response to meezerpleaser

Thanks. What or where is M's???