Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: What was/is your most unused scrapbooking purchase?        (Topic#1549771)
SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps

I saw this thread on the cricut message board and the answers were so interesting so I thought I would post it here. Mine would definitely be my Ripping Rulers, stickers and up until a few weeks ago my gypsy. IT SAT FOR A LONG TIME before then I have been using it alot lately and really like it now.....TFS....

Edited by SarahWscraps on 12-31-10 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to SarahWscraps

Everything now since I went digital!! It makes me cringe to think of the wasted money

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Mine would be the coluzzle (or however it's spelled). I tried to figure out how to use it, broke the blade somehow and decided it was junk and not worth the effort so I tossed it. (Not a big loss as it was on clearance and I had a coupon that also covered sale items, so it only cost a couple bucks).

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to Shutterbugg

Mine would be my YourStory. I got it with the blue expression bundle because it was cheaper and I thought I'll really use that.
So far Nope haven't used it once except to pick it up to dust it off.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to Shutterbugg

Thank you guys for answering I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with buyers remorse since I had so many views and no replies...lol I know if I had started scrapbooking before the cricut came out my list would be extremely long since I tend to have a shopping addiction!!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to janellie

I should add the Your story to my list as well I only used it once for a brag book for my mom, now it just collects dust(at least it's in the box though!)

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Scraparatus or however you spell it. I already had an eyelet setter then got a cropadile.

The other would be jumbo gromet setter - a friend used it and it looked so cool. Never used mine.

Of course there is the ton of stuff that I like but never used. I really need to try to buy with a purpose and not because I like it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-31-10 11:37 AM
In response to corrie fan

Stickles.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-31-10 11:37 AM

I regret all the corny looking die cuts and some stickers from way back yonder when I first started scrapping. There are things that I will never use!

leslief
Idol
leslief

I STILL have not used ANY of the Glimmer Mist bottles I have purchased. I also keep buying stamps and hardly ever use them.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to leslief

yeah -- I had a ton of stickers. Gave most to my 4 year old neighbor. LOL

My biggest waste were the curvy cutters (think that's what they are called). I could never get them to cut anything.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

We have seen "biggest buying regret" threads but you worded your question as "unused"... and while I can't believe I am saying this... my most unused scrapbooking purchase for the buck was my Cricut. I don't regret buying it but I hardly ever use it. (I am also "weighing" my answer based on cost.)

PS you know it's bad when I realized I use older, unpopular, scrapping tools like deco scissors, paper crimpers, Fastenator...MORE than my Cricut.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I will take the stickles and glimmer mists off your hands ladies! I would have to say the design runner. I use it but not as often as I had hoped.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom

It is definately stickers and my Slice. I am not happy with the way my Slice cuts and the stickers I purchased when I began scrapbooking. I plan to donate the stickers to a preschool after I get them all rounded up. Needless to say I do buy stickers anymore and even though I get tempted, I will not buy any cards for my Slice.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps

We have seen "biggest buying regret" threads but you worded your question as "unused"

I changed it from regretted to unused because regret seemed like such a bad word in scrapbooking terms!!!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Most unused for me: Piercing bugs

I have NEVER used them.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Bxr-Linda

Fastenater ~ had to have it, never use it.

Also have a thing called a clipper or something. You put these plastic clips in them and attach them to the top of paper. They have different sayings. Never use it.

TheHappyCat
Tenant
TheHappyCat
In response to foltzy

I bought myself some curvy cutters for my birthday a few years ago and I tried to use them, but they were so hard to control and difficult to use. They started collecting dust, but I sold them on eBay and got some money back for them.

Also, I got really excited about tearing tools and bought a bunch of them. I used them on one album, but right now I don't even know where they are.

ang_geo
Resident
ang_geo
In response to TheHappyCat

The your story machine thingy, got it as part of bundle with my cricut E. Never used it. still sitting in box.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to ang_geo

Mine would be my Slice. But one of my New Year;s resolutions is to learn how to use the thing.
Jen

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics