Username Post: Scotch ATG Adhesive Applicator: Pink        (Topic#1549919)
New Kid On the Block

I got the Scotch pink ATG Adhesive Applicator for Christmas and was getting ready to load the tape when I noticed that even tho the front of the box says "great for scrapbooking" the back appears to have a disclaimer by stating "up to the user to determine if approprite for the project". Sooo I am wondering if the "general purpose" tape hanging with the ATG gun in the scrapbook store... is actually ok to use on the pictures in my scrapbooks. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Are you using the tape in your scrapbooks?
TIA for any info!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to evcarter

If I understood everything I have read, the "general purpose tape" is not acid free. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this because I would also like to know!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Shutterbugg

Correct -- there is general purpose tape and then there is acid free tape. They are two different things. You probably want to use acid free tape for your scrapbooking projects, but could use the general purpose for cards, etc.

Also, "up to the user to determine if appropriate for the project" can be a simple as... Are you using heavy embellishments? In that case, the ATG tape may not be appropriate for THAT project. But it's fine for applying photos/papers/etc.

New Kid On the Block
In response to evcarter

Well since it specifically says great for scrapbooking I feel like they are implying something that obviously is NOT true especially since the general purpose tape is what came with the gun!

Thanks much for your imput, I felt like that was going to be the case. Glad I havent opened the tape up yet!!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to evcarter

I JUST bought my ATG at M's Friday and it came with photo safe/acid free tape. Are you sure it came with general purpose tape? It shouldn't have....

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to CMLeach

Mine came with the Acid Free Tape in the box also

New Kid On the Block
In response to Mix-on the Memories

No, my mistake!! When I got home and checked I have one acid free and one general purpose box. Obviously the one my santa hubby put in my stocking was general purpose. I should have thought about that before i posted.
I really want to thank everyone for your responses! this is obviously a great forum to be a part of!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to evcarter

the boxes look almost identical, so that's probably how he made the mistake,,,,,plus if he doesn't scrap, he might not understand,,,,,also, the acid free refills are much harder to find,,,,,there's literally 20 boxes of general purpose for every 1-2 boxes of acid free at my M's,,,,if they were out, he might not have realized there were 2 kinds,,,

I myself, want to get ANOTHER ATG so I can have one loaded with general purpose for cards, etc, and one loaded with acid free for scrapping,,,,,

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
the boxes look almost identical, so that's probably how he made the mistake,,,,,plus if he doesn't scrap, he might not understand,,,,,also, the acid free refills are much harder to find,,,,,there's literally 20 boxes of general purpose for every 1-2 boxes of acid free at my M's,,,,if they were out, he might not have realized there were 2 kinds,,,

I myself, want to get ANOTHER ATG so I can have one loaded with general purpose for cards, etc, and one loaded with acid free for scrapping,,,,,

I am thinking of doing this also, buying another Pink Gun with my 50% off coupon so I can have one for gereral purpose and the other for acid free.

New Kid On the Block

Of course you are right. He doesnt know about acid free etc. I just didnt think about the fact that I had 2 boxes of tape and just happened the one I picked up to use was the general purpose. He is a very good supporter of my scrapbooking!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

• Mix-on the Memories Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

I am thinking of doing this also, buying another Pink Gun with my 50% off coupon so I can have one for gereral purpose and the other for acid free.

Okay I did it. I used my 50% off coupon and brought anther Pink ATG to use for my General Perpose tape. So now I have three boxes for Acid Free/Photo Safe tape. I have two 40% coupons for Michael for next week, so I will buy two boxes of the General All Perpose tape.

Now I will have to think of a way to maybe decorate them so that I can tell them apart and maybe buy some of them ATG stands.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY NIQUI! You'll have to tell me how you like this!!!!

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to CommaHolly

You can still use that General Purpose tape for card making. The Acid Free has gold on the box/in the name.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics