Username Post: Cuttlebug storage??        (Topic#1549947)
New Kid On the Block

I'm new here, so hi!!

I'm going to buy a Cuttlebug tomorrow with a few embossing folders. I'm trying to keep my stuff organized, so I'd like to go into my purchase with an organization plan. I haven't seen anything on the market specifically for storing the folders. What do y'all do?

Thanks for the help!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to kristinbot5000

I store my folders in a spacemaker pencil box. I have a lot (maybe around 20?) and they all fit in there neatly.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Seaexplore

I store my Cuttlebug folders in a 3-ring binder in protective sheets. It is easy to flip through them.

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to dotfree

Nothing at the moment they are just in a pile on my desk but I did have them in one of those recipe tin boxes but then my collection of folders outgrew it.

a-burton
Resident
a-burton
In response to Princess Kitty

Hi, I'm kinda new too. Welcome.

Right now they are all in a medium (but heavy) bin w/ a lid; mixed with all my texturz and texture plates from EllisonDesign (retired) & Sizzix and a few from QuicKutz (now LifeStyle Crafts). Not a great system, but I'm always looking to improve and reorganize.

I have watched a lot of craft organization on youtube; lots of good ideas, some a little redundant. As your collection grows, you will always be reorganizing and searching for ways to store and retrieve all your goodies more efficiently.

I am looking into some black storage boxes at the local office store (or online) for the embossing folders as well as possibly indexing clear rubber stamps.

Hey, is there a forum category just for storage and organization?

Cheers!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to a-burton

I have mine in a pretty heavyweight box from a gift set of perfume. The colors just happened to be just right for my scrap corner!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-04-11 03:54 PM
In response to iuplori

I have my embossing folders in a Really Useful Box from Office Depot - the CD/DVD size is perfect with enough room on the side (because the folders are narrower than a CD) to store the embossing pads & shims as well.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

Thanks for the help, y'all!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I bought a few of the beautiful photo boxes on sale at Michaels just for this purpose. They were 3 for Five dollars. I probably have over 50 embossing folders and several die cuts. They all fit in one box.I put a cute little bug sticker on the front so I can tell immediately when looking at my supplies which box has Cuttle BUG folders. Watch for them to come on sale as the regular price is almost $5 each. Another item I use for storage is an old Tupperware bread box. I went through my " plastic cabinet" in my kitchen and found several items I repurposed into my craft room.

tmcanada
Veteran
tmcanada
In response to pinkpaperairedale

YouTube is a great place to see how people organize specific items. I use a small box that I've altered and embellished for my Sizzix & Cuttlebug folders. I also like the idea of a binder system, but I don't know if it would work for me.

MN_Bev 
New Kid On the Block

They do sell a "binder" that has a zip-closure, inside are pages that have slide spaces for the folders. You can buy extra pages depending on what size your folders are.
Here is a link to one through amazon, though I purchased mine at the local craft store:

http://www.amazon.com/Provo-Craft-Novelty-C uttlebug-371...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MN_Bev

I'm another that uses a photo box,,,they come with tabbed dividers that are perfect for organizing them into categories.

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks for help!

Corporate logo design

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to logoweb

I am now going through each folder and making one sample. I will then attach it to the card that came with the photo box. I can then immediately view what the folder does. I have lots of the photo boxes and don't always use the dividers.. I save them. I have now have plenty to use.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I keep all my folders in a plastic shoebox. I used a Brother labelmaker with clear tape to label each folder at the bottom. This works perfectly to identify each of the folders without adding any bulk, and the black on clear tape is transparent.

I have a separate loose leaf binder with page protectors where I keep an inventory of all my folders. I cut printer paper (of a heavier 24 lbl stock) into four smaller sheets and embossed each of those sheets with my folders. I wrote the name of the folder at the bottom of each little sheet. Eight of those sheets fit into each of the page protectors, four on each side, separated by an uncut printer sheet. Some of the folders are larger, but I still used the smaller sheets for samples so they would fit.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

I picked up a little bag to keep my actual cuttlebug in - half price (ie. $14.95) from one of our chain stores. It was part of the "Tallulah Storage Collection". My plates fit under the machine in the bag, and my nesties and embossing folders fit in the zip up pocket at the back.

vh678
vh678 
Expert
vh678
  • vh678 on 07-13-11 03:27 PM
In response to Christine19850

I made little file folders for them and keep them in my jetmax cubes.

Cuttlebug Storage By Vh678

Cuttlebug Folders By Vh678

Veteran
In response to vh678

The small dies & embossing folders a binder. The embossing folders I store in small crates.It is very easy to move and take to crops..

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to SHARON ELISE

I have the Cuttlebug zipper binder - love it.

Neil22 
New Kid On the Block
In response to stephie

Great info and admirable links, i really appreciate your post keep up the good work. Awesome share indeed. I’ve been awaiting for this update.

Web Directory Station

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics