Username Post: Art Deco?        (Topic#1549955)
~Alma Scrapera~
Expert
~Alma Scrapera~

I am looking for Art Deco style embellishments, especially die cuts that look like an Art Deco fan or circles. I have seen the Martha Stewart punches, which are very nice. Has anyone seen any such style embellishments?

Thanks in advance!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to ~Alma Scrapera~

I actually think Art Deco will be the next big scrapbook trend...but for now try searching phrases like; swirls, flourishes, Paris, "roaring twenties", Art Nouveau, chevron, ziggurat, zigzags, sunburst, Streamline Moderne, and of course deco.

Steampunk has a few things that could be "loosely" called art deco.

You may have to refer to Art Deco designs & architecture and create your own papers and embellishments.

a couple of these might work with some silver or gold paper...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I like both Art Deco and Art Nouveau. You can get books from Dover Publishers that come with CD's so you can print your own embellies, frames, borders and all sorts of things. You can PhotoShop them if you need to change the size or convert them to B&W so you can hand-color them with pencils, paints or whatever after printing them on paper or cardstock. (Be aware though that some of their publications are just books, which would require scanning, rather than books w/ CD's.) Also look for free fonts to download. If you can't find these at the big chain bookstores, just Google the company. They have sales on-line every so often so keep an eye open for those as some of their publications can be a little pricey.

~Alma Scrapera~
Expert
~Alma Scrapera~
In response to Ms. Fit

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea

Great ideas posted above!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to blushpea

I just found out that Amazon has a lot of the Dover Electronic Clip Art books. The prices are for the most part better than Dover's unless Dover has them on sale.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Does Graphic 45 have any papers here that have something? There is tons of free clip art online. Have you tried ebay? Search art deco and I am sure there would be vases or household articles that were art deco design. You could save the pics & use them as a pattern or a design to replicate. hth

Edited by anda11 on 01-12-11 04:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PaperPauper
Resident
PaperPauper

It's probably not quite what you're looking for, but I've always thought the prima flower centers looked kind of art deco.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics