Username Post: Mini Scrapbooks??        (Topic#1550009)
yesenialesso
Expert
yesenialesso

Hi everyone!
I've been wanting to try a mini scrapbook because I've seen so many that are really cute, but I don't know what they are made of. I don't know if you use the paper only and just bind it. Or glue the paper onto something so it wont rip. How do you make your mini album?
Thank you!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to yesenialesso

I use chipboard albums - I love the Doodlebug mini albums!

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to tanyaham

I've used chipboard albums but I've also made a mini album out of paper bags as well. You can youtube it and find all kinds of things!! Good luck!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mbrune04

cardboard, paper bags, acrylic, chipboard

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to lilmrmaid

There are TONS of different ones to use. Youtube is great for ideas

Bo Bunny, Maya Road and 7 Gypsies are my faves
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I love to do paper bag albums (simple simple simple to put together),and folded card stock albums. Those are my 2 favs,,,,I also have done chipboard, but the fancier the shape, the harder it is to cover,,,,,toilet paper roll (yes, really) minis are fun, but tiny,,,cup sleeve minis, same issue,,,you can make a mini out of almost anything that's half the fun! I've got quite a few in my gallery,,,,I love minis!!!!!!

sueml
sueml 
Veteran
sueml
  • sueml on 01-03-11 03:41 PM
In response to CommaHolly

I love the Close to My Heart mini albums. I've made a pet one and one of my daughter's wedding. I also made them for my friends with patterned papers and spaces for them to add tiny photos. They come in white or craft paper covers with ribbon or jute ties. There's actually little page protectors in these books.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to sueml

I made this one out of legal size envelopes.

Safari Mini Book By Hotroding Scrapbooker

I have others in my gallery. The mini fishing buddy book is made from another kind of envelopes. I have used the chipboard books that you buy and cover. I have made my own with cardstock and/or cardboard. I've even made my own letter books using Microsoft Word art and cardstock.

I agree that youtube.com is great for tutorials and ideas.

yesenialesso
Expert
yesenialesso
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Thank you all. hopefully my project is as pretty as yours

DebiD 
New Kid On the Block
  • DebiD on 01-04-11 07:06 AM

I have a whole website of mini scrapbook tutorials. http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com Tons of ideas from paper bag scrapbooks, to star books, to square around albums, to books made from recycled items.

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to DebiD

I do the toilet paper roll ones too. I did one for my daughters 13th b-day and tucked inside each roll why she was so special to me.

I love the chipboard and baby bags too.

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to sunshineann

I love the paper bag album - super cute, and super easy to indiviualize (lol...it's a word) you can make it to the length you want, as many pages as you want. Have fun

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to Peg364

I have made mini albums by covering my daughters old hard paged books with cardstock. It becomes a blank canvas for whatever you want the book to be. If you don't have a child the dollar stores usually have hard paged books there. They even come shaped not just square or rectangle...

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SarahWscraps

I like envelopes, mini manila folders, regular manila folders lots of things make good minis.

yesenialesso
Expert
yesenialesso
In response to Sneezy1956

I googled it wow do they have many different styles. I think I fell in love with mini albums. I started one today.. hopefully it will come out good =]

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

I watched a whole bunch of youtube videos on toilet paper roll mini albums. I've got everyone I know saving TP rolls!! I'm addicted to chipboard mini albums. I them!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics