Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Scrap techniques/etc. that you DON'T like using on your pages?        (Topic#1550117)
Resident

What are some scrapbooking techniques that you DON'T use on your pages? Doesn't necessarily need to be a technique, it can be anything.

Just thought this might be fun to see what others *don't* enjoy using This isn't meant to put any technique down...it's just for fun!

For me, I don't enjoy...

- Using quotes or poems. I think they're cheesy.

- Vellum. I think it's kind of dated. It seems like vellum was the thing to use like 5-7 years ago, lol.

- Stamping. But that's because I am not a good stamper and I don't need another *thing* to get addicted to!

-Flat stickers. Then again, I don't really use stickers much. I like making my own embellishments.

-Lots of journaling. I just don't like doing it. I'm a very basic journal-er. I do the date, place, names of people. THat's it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to yellow5

Oh no! Not this topic again!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to angie girl

I don't like stickers and I hate lots of journaling.

on the other had love stamping.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

stitching,,,I really REALLY hate stitching,,,

never bought a flat sticker in my scrapbooking career, and I don't use dimensional stickers much either,,,

brads and eyelets,,,,,no thankyou.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to CommaHolly

Wrong thread. Oops.

Edited by 950nancy on 01-04-11 09:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to yellow5

It is not that I don't like this- I think it looks beautiful. I am a person who lOVES to do little detail work. I love hand cutting paper piecing & intricate stuff. I love gluing tiny pieces of paper and cutting out stamped images etc. I did a 32 piece paper piecing. For some reason, I really did not like quilling when I did it. I do not know why. I think it is so pretty though.

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to anda11

buttons....I love how they look on other people's pages but I can never get them to look right on my own--weird huh?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to RhondaR

Stickled Pickles!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to StarsNSparkles

HAHAHAHHAAAA!!! What??? No Stickled Pickles for you?? Come on now, you know they are SO CUTE!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Manda_K

It's not really the techniques that I don't like. It's more that I don't like the fact I can't master a technique. I'm a perfectionist and some things just don't click with me no matter how much I practice. It frustrates me to no end. But for the most part I am not a hater. I'll give anything a try. ;^)

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to yellow5

• yellow5 Said:
What are some scrapbooking techniques that you DON'T use on your pages? Doesn't necessarily need to be a technique, it can be anything.

Just thought this might be fun to see what others *don't* enjoy using This isn't meant to put any technique down...it's just for fun!

For me, I don't enjoy...

- Using quotes or poems. I think they're cheesy.

- Vellum. I think it's kind of dated. It seems like vellum was the thing to use like 5-7 years ago, lol.

- Stamping. But that's because I am not a good stamper and I don't need another *thing* to get addicted to!

-Flat stickers. Then again, I don't really use stickers much. I like making my own embellishments.

-Lots of journaling. I just don't like doing it. I'm a very basic journal-er. I do the date, place, names of people. THat's it.

I love vellum! I still use it all the time I also like stamping and lots of journaling

Things I don't like... acrylic paints- I bought these when Making Memories started marketing them years ago and it was such a mess having to wait for it to dry and clean brushes all the time. I eventually got rid of them.

I think I like everything else!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Stickled Pickles!!!

I LOVE stickled pickles!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
HAHAHAHHAAAA!!! What??? No Stickled Pickles for you?? Come on now, you know they are SO CUTE!

Well...they are cute...but really...how many pictures can you find that work well with a stickled pickle?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I gave my chalks away and

have decided I don't like to stamp unless it's a word or short phrase.

Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003
In response to Sunnydi

What's the point of this thread?

Why not techniques you love? or techniques you want to try.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Oh no! Not this topic again!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Which SB trend do you hate?
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15404...

SBing trends you don’t like
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14523...

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Sparky003

• Sparky003 Said:

I LOVE embossing, stickles, stamping, colorblocking, stitching, chalking, etc, etc, etc....... Way too many likes to list! LOL!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Sparky003

• Sparky003 Said:

There have been multiple threads like this and multiple threads of what you love or want to try.

If you'd rather have one for techniques you love, feel free to create one. I'm sure someone will say they love the stickled pickle technique.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I def think there's tremendous difference between 'hating' a technique, and not being comfortable or adept at it yourself. I love stitching on a LO, but can't get it to work for ME...same with buttons, bling, flowers etc...but I AM LEARNING...and thanks to my supportive friends at SB.com, it's been easier to try something new and get positive feedback, tips, advice from the ones that CAN make it work. Either way, if my family and I love what I make, that's what counts to me.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics