Username Post: help with Disney pages        (Topic#1550155)
Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys

Ok, so I haven't scrapped my Disney layouts since 2008 and we go there every year to at least 2 parks (I live in Miami, FL :)) and now I'm stuck! I don't know what embellies to use! I tend to make my own embellies but I would like to use more than yellow/black/red/blue flowers! Help please!

I have a Pazzles electronic die cutting machine so I guess I can make things with it but I'm not quite sure what to make. Ideas are welcome as well as links to other layouts from the gallery.

Thanks in advance!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Amarilys

What about going to Google Images and typing in stuff that pertains to the layout? i.e. Mickey Mouse. Tons of images come up, print one (resize if necessary) and then ink the edges and/or pop dot it ...

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to peenut_23

I know quite a few of us here, including myself, have albums in our gallery specifically for disney. Just search it and I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration. That said, my Disney album here is actually all handmade items for the pages rather then the pages themselves so that should help you with handmade embellishment ideas.

Here's the link to my Disney album:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to disneylisa

I have a few disney items in my gallery. Some are for swaps, some are a disney cruise, and some are just general disney.

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to ollychelle

I am getting ready to start our Disney vacation album from when we were there in 2009. I went to the gallery and did a search for Disney and then limited it to just LO and Digital. I got a ton of ideas from there.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to Kendra1977

thanks ladies for all your help. I'll go check out the swap part of the gallery. I know that there is great inspiration there (I used to swap some years ago) and I'll definitely will check out your galleries disneylisa and ollychelle

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Amarilys

I was thinking pick up some clear or white bling and then color it the colors you want with copics or Tim Holtz alcohol inks. that way you can buy bulk bling and color it.
the same way with flowers buy white in bulk and color with home made glimmer mist made with paint, water, perfect pearls and some clear glue.

this way you don't have to worry about Oh I only bought 4 red flowers but I want red on more pages than that. You can do the same with white, gold or silver brads.
Grab your stamps and use them to put swirls on the corners of your pages or if you have a stamp that has dots stamp them on your page to give some dimension who knows you might create some hidden mickeys.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to Sneezy1956

i went to disney last year and i've only done a few lo's so far, but you are more than welcome to check out my gallery. my sister used her pazzles to cut out a genie lamp for my Morocco page. it turned out great. you may be able to do something like that for your pages. the pazzles is awesome so i'm sure you can come up with lots of stuff to do with it.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to beccaboo3

thanks so much ladies! All your tips have really help me think of different ways I can embellish. I did the math and I need to make about 60 layouts!!!

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Amarilys

I have two Disney albums that I am working on. I love the inspiration in the gallery! You ladies are so amazing. I know I have snagged many into my favorites. Keep them coming!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to kirasmommy

I have tons of Disney layouts in my album. What I do to make my layouts is to not try to make every layout scream Disney because after awhile you are going to get sick of it. I instead tend to let the subject and colors of the photos direct my design. So in this layout since I had lots of photos of gardening, I chose papers that had that theme and colors that worked with my photos. I then added in bits of Disney like the Mickey heads (which you could cut with your Pazzle) to add to the layout.
Exploring the Land in Epcot By Godschild94

Then on some layouts I used the traditional Disney colors to really add to my designs.
Meeting Mickey By Godschild94

There are also tons of awesome products here in the super store that would be great for your layouts. I will link some of my favorites below.

And finally here are my Disney albums. Feel free to scraplift our use anything you find in these as inspiration.

Disney is one of my favorite things to scrap because there is so much you can do with it. I hope you enjoy it too!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by godschild94 on 01-06-11 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to godschild94

We go to a theme park every year too. I love all of Janeen's layouts, and she really is an inspiration!

Here is a link to the theme park challenge that has other theme park album links on the first page:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15024...

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to lcmemories

thank you so much Janeen for all the tips! I have stopped by your gallery before and your work is outstanding. I'll try to remember not to use too much 'disney' paper/embellies in every page or you are right, I'm going to hate it by the time that I finish. Thanks for the links to the superstore too!

Laura, thanks for the link. I'll definitely stop by and check out the challenge

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Amarilys

I don't know if my disney layouts are still up and I'm at work so can't check but another idea is to go with 6 x 12 alblum I like them because you can get a picture and a little information and you aren't overwhelmed.

freska1181
Guru
freska1181
In response to Sneezy1956

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a site on here. They don't sell anything, it's just a forum of all disney layouts. Look up mousescappers

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics