Username Post: Masculine scrap lo's        (Topic#1550413)
Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima

Am i the only one who is clueless when it comes to doing masculine scrap pages?? I am a stand still on my wedding scrapbook because of it..Any suggestions for the father of the groom or the grooms brother???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kasima

no, you're not the only one many of us scrappers have problems with that,,,

darker colors,,,,,knots instead of bows,,,,buttons,,,,,,use the wedding colors,,,,distressed edges,,,,,,

of course, I broke all my own rules with this one, and still love it,,,,,black and white seems so classic to me,,,,

groom By CommaHolly

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to CommaHolly

nah your not alone, cards/Los GRR!!!! lol

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Brandilynn

I have 2 boys (and a girl), so I do "boy" pages all the time ... but, "man" pages are a little different.

I use darker or neutral colors and generally clean lines ... but other than that, I don't scrap it so differently than I might a feminine page ...

more brads, eyelets, chipboard, stars ... less ribbon, lace, hearts, flowers (though I have been known to use flowers on my boy pages, because I adore them)

more distressing and less glitter
more neutrals and less color
if using color, more brights and jewel tones and less pastel (though I hate pastels anyway so this is not a reach for me)
more sharp corners and fewer circles
more buttons and less bling

check out the gallery for ideas ... they are definitely out there

good luck!

yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar
In response to madmatter

focus on the photos and avoid flowers, the trick I think is to use plain cardstock and more simple pattern paper. Too much embellishments is what make the page feminine.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to yellowstar

I've used flowers on manly LO's too

21 By CommaHolly

Best Man By CommaHolly

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to CommaHolly

I was thinking I scrapped darker with less embellies for my DH's pages in our wedding album, but I really didn't... It just flows with the rest. I wasn't too concerned/didn't think about making them more masculine because it's the look of the album as a whole I was going for

Wedding By ColbyCheeseCat

Waiting By ColbyCheeseCat

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-09-11 08:30 AM
In response to yellowstar

• yellowstar Said:
the trick I think is to use plain cardstock and more simple pattern paper. Too much embellishments is what make the page feminine.

I'm a pretty simple scrapper no matter what gender I'm working on. But I would disagree about not being able to use patterned paper - you just have to find patterns that aren't "PRETTY" and that are in more masculine colorways. Strong geometrics like circles, stripes and plaids; and there are all sorts of pictorial papers with images of outdoors, sports, space, manly hobbies, etc. I'll grant you the majority of stuff is more feminine, but masculine stuff can definitely be found.

Nevada, Spring 05 By Kuzatab

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to stick

there is a challenge going on that focus' on masculine LOs. maybe you can get some inspiration there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15496...

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to Lamoo12

Thank you for the tips !!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kasima

its kinda a challenging one but you'll do good, beginning are usually hard but worth the try

Resident
In response to Kasima

I use a lot of the Tim Holtz metal embellishments. Seems to add a masculine touch. Got carried away with the examples---sorry!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to Kasima

When I did a wedding album on the guys pages i used what ever the color of the wedding was as my guide I did a guys and dolls page on the guys I cut out the mens shoes and the top hat for the accents on the pageon the dolls I did the dress bouquet etc. good luck sweetie!!! just have fun with it..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics