Username Post: Remember Scrapbook        (Topic#1550487)
New Kid On the Block

I'm really new at scrapbooking, I want to make a Scrapbook for my son. Celebration of life, we lost him Dec 22,2010. Any help would be great.
Thank you all

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ktkreations1

I'm so sorry for your loss ...

I would start with a kit, to make it as easy as possible on yourself. Find some of your favorite pictures and maybe put them together by theme ... the book doesn't have to be chronological ... you can have a page of your son with the pets, or with his siblings, or at holiday time.

If you look through the gallery by theme, it might help you get started. The making of the book could also be a part of the healing process for you.

You have all my sympathies ... may your son rest in peace and may his memory always be for a blessing.

Please feel free to pm me anytime if you need help organizing your ideas (and welcome to the boards).

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to madmatter

I agree with the above post - a kit would be a great investment if you're new to scrapbooking.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sometimes scrapping is very theraputic when grieving. If you get to a point where it's too hard, feel free to leave it sit for awhile and come back to it too. When I scrapped some hard stuff I had to do that.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to scraprabbit

Also, see if there is a local scrapbook store nearby. They often have classes where you can learn the bsics. I know that even Michael's and some Joanne's have basic classes in Los Angeles so you might check your area. I too send you my deepest sympathies for your loss.

cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan

I am so sorry for your loss.
I agree with going to your local craft store and see if they have any classes. Even if you get very little done you can see what others have done and play with some tools.
Go to your library and look at books, maybe check some out.
Look at the layout books in the craft store, if you purchase be sure to use a coupon. I am a genealogist and have started family history scrapbook on one family line to share with cousins. I did purchase a layout book based on family history. A lot of the layouts in these books are of people that have passed on and these layouts may give you some ideas.

Edited by cdynan on 01-09-11 05:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to cdynan

I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry for your loss ((hug))

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to RhondaR

I'm so very sorry for your loss...
Like others above said, take your time scrapping. It will certainly help you heal. You will see wonderful pictures of your son and cry but you'll also remember the wonderful moment when the picture was taken and probably laugh. Know that he will be with you forever.
Take care.

New Kid On the Block

choosing of pictures you wanna use for the scrapbooking would be an ideal thing you can do first, then look for good layout online that would serve as your guide..mm im sorry about your loss

ToriElizabeth
Expert
ToriElizabeth
In response to Jen0608

It looks like you're getting some goods tips already, but I wanted to say I am very sorry for your loss, but I think this is a great idea and it will really help you and your whole family. One of my best friends just died in an accident on 1/1/11... No one in my life has passed away before so this was my first time dealing with it. Concentrating on the happy and funny memories are the most helpful - while you're working on it, and every time you or someone else looks through it. When you do decide how to make your scrapbook, make sure you write a lot and tell lots of stories about him - events and little personality quirks. Maybe you can even get story ideas from everyone who knew him - I bet his friends will have some good stories you haven't heard!

Good luck with it, and I hope you share it with us!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics