Username Post: What paper trimmer do you recommend?        (Topic#1550515)
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone! I was curious to know what paper trimmer you use. I have an old Fiskars one with a dull blade that does NOT fit the 12x12 sheets. I want to buy a new one, but there are so many on the market. I'm watching the product review videos, but I'm still confused as to which one I should get.

I basically want a 12x12 trimmer that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I also would like one that has the ruler swing out on the arm so that I can measure correctly. Lastly, I'd like one that doesn't require a blade change so often because I'm getting jagged edges (my Fiskars one did that)!

I know many people use a tabletop guillotine trimmer, but I think I might need something more portable since I don't have a lot of desk space. However, if you do use a tabletop one that you absolutely love and swear by, the name of that would be great as well!

Thanks in advance!

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to MissNinja

I have two that are my favorites. Both are by fiskars.

Fiskars - 12 Inch Premium Cut-Line Portable Trimmer - Blade Style I

Fiskars - 12 inch Portable Paper Trimmer - Blade Style I, CLEARANCE

I use the bigger one at home and I take the smaller one with me when going to crops or retreats.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to MissNinja

I really like my CutterPede. The blades do not cost much when they need to be replace, and I have had mine for years and have not replaced the blade yet. It has a cutting channel mat that makes the cut really sharp, crisp and precise.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to MissNinja

I have both Fiskars and Cutterpede. But I use the Fiskars more. I can get blades, and the little plastic cutting piece easier

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Mix-on the Memories

• Mix-on the Memories Said:
I really like my CutterPede. The blades do not cost much when they need to be replace, and I have had mine for years and have not replaced the blade yet. It has a cutting channel mat that makes the cut really sharp, crisp and precise.

Another vote for the Cutterpede. Another thing I love about it is that the edge of the thing the paper goes under is the cutting edge, so it's easier to make a cut precisely where you need it, especially if you are in a hurry and don't want to measure EVERY thing.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

Thanks for all the input so far! I'm keeping those in mind because I know I did see them at Michaels, and I have a 50% receipt coupon to use this week, so it's perfect timing. Does anyone have the Making Memories trimmer? Of course, that's a much more expensive one.

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to MissNinja

I have the making memories trimmer. I'm so-so on it. I'm also looking for a new trimmer. The plastic guard piece has broken on me twice now. The first time they replaced it as they have a one year warranty. This last one I broke about a week ago and I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase a replacement piece or a new trimmer. Its cuts nice clean lines. But its heavier and bigger. I like that I can unfold it and have a line to line up with, but at the same time I don't like it as if I want to cut over 6" wide I need to unfold it which means I need a 14" square space on my table which I never have. Oh and it makes a horrible screaching sound when cutting!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 01-09-11 07:41 PM
In response to mustangkayla

I use a Dahle.Love it.Got rid of my others as they didn't always cut straight.This one will even cut into slivers and is very sturdy.Cuts
ime and is very sturdyraight EVERY time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics