Username Post: Scrapbooking Markers        (Topic#1550859)
wildcats_mom
New Kid On the Block
wildcats_mom

I would appreciate it if you would give me some input on the brands of markers you use for scrapbooking. I've looked a little bit at the Copic Markers but they are so expensive that unless I hear wonderful thoughts on the markers, I don't want to invest yet. Thanks so much for your input!
Products Referenced in This Post:

tegan-nicole
Veteran
tegan-nicole
In response to wildcats_mom

for my journaling i use uniball onyx pens. i have no idea if they are archival quality and acid free and all that but i started using them 11 yrs ago and haven't had any problems.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I've been scrapbooking since 2002 and added stamping in 2004. I bypassed the investment of markers since I had invested in Prismacolor pencils and Derwent watercolors to color in my stamped images.

The light bulb clicked on a couple of years ago about Copics....how they are transparent and blend. I did my research, but still held off because of the expense.

This year I refurbished/ing my scrapbook room and decided my scrapbook resolution was to stamp an image of every stamp I own and put it into my scrapbook LOs. Big project. That's when Copics came to the forefront again in my mind. I asked for 30 of them for my birthday and Christmas and found a class to learn how to use them. My first class is Jan 20.

I'm OVER the moon with these markers. They surpass everything coloring method I have ever tried and they blend so beautifully.

So, for me, I'm working my stamping/Copics into my scrapbooking this year.

HTH

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

If you are looking for journaling markers - Copics are NOT the way to go. They bleed/blend, hence the reason they are so popular with coloring/shading stamps.

I use Zig markers. Love them.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to CMLeach

I have heard great things about pro markers and less expensive alternative to copics .... notice I say less expensive not cheaper.
I dont use markers so I have no personal experience just passing on the word.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Brandilynn

For journaling I think any of the pens from the scrapbooking section of your local craft store will do. You just need to figure out what size tip you prefer. I wouldn't spend a ton of money (use of 40%-50% off coupon for sure).

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to KellyLeigh

I agree with everyone else. If you just want markers for journaling don't but Copics. However...if you want markers to color in stamps etc. then I highly recommend them. Yes, they are more expensive but they are so worth it. I suggest you go check out some videos on Youtube if you are not sure because they addictive and pricey. But I think they are well worth it.

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to caraboo

I use Zig markers 48 markers double tip! I used a coupon got them for 50 dollars!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by latina43 on 01-16-11 07:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to latina43

• latina43 Said:
I use Zig markers 48 markers double tip! I used a coupon got them for 50 dollars!

HERE!HERE!

New Kid On the Block

Check out the markers at rejoice.myctmh.com. There is so much you can do with them! They are double-tipped and come in so many shades of each color it's almost overwhelming! The skinny tip works well for journaling, but they can also be used for filling in your stamped images, blending with a blending pen, or many other uses. You can buy them individually or in sets of six.

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to mamacurls

can you color your stamps with the zig markers as well? all these choices are making me crazy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics