Username Post: I had heard somewhere that you can purchase sheets of thMaking Clear Stamps        (Topic#1551047)
jizzles1
New Kid On the Block
jizzles1

I heard some where that you can purchase sheets of the clear acrylic and cut your own stamps on your cricut or ?? Is anyone aware of this and if it is in fact true where can you purchase? Thanks for any help... Also if anyone knows where to purchase inexpensive CUTE stamps Id be interested in those sites as well... Thanks

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to jizzles1

I have never done this (don't even have a Cricut) but just Googled "how to make acrylic stamps" and got a list of lots of sites on the subject. There's even a You Tube video showing how to do this with the Cricut. Evidently, per the video, you can buy the acrylic sheets from Cricut.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms. Fit

I wonder how good the stamps are??

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to CommaHolly

You can, though I never did this personally. You can buy the material at some J's. The superstore also sells the material. The one video I saw, the image came out clean.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HisGEM

OK, watched some vids,,,,the stamps are very thin,,,,but I imagine that is not a big deal with a block,,,,just walk your fingers over the whole block when stamping the image, they recommend

but you do need the deep cut blade,,,,,,hmmmmmmmmm

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to CommaHolly

I haven't tried the Cricut stamp making material yet, but I have read several negative reviews about it. Mainly the complaints were that it didn't make very nice stamps for the price. What I saw looked more like homemade foam stamps in that they weren't very intricate or fine lined.

If you would like stamps that are more like acrylic stamps you buy, then I think the acrylic photopolymer stamp making supplies might be more what you want. They're much more expensive at the start, though. There's a Teresa Collins stamp maker that's around $180, plus the photosensitive gel packs that harden into your stamped image to purchase, too.

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to mschiddy

For inexpensive, cute stamps, have you tried digi stamping? You can get really cute digital images to print on your computer or use in digital scrapbooking in many places online. There are even some cute, free fonts online that have images you could use as stamps.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics