Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: working with tiny paper pieces        (Topic#1551077)
mele1455
Veteran
mele1455

What do you use to hold and position tiny paper pieces to glue onto a page, card, etc? Pieces are so small, making it impossible for my fingers to hold and position.

For example: tiny, tiny holly leaves and really tiny holly berries

yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar
In response to mele1455

tweezers?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mele1455

• mele1455 Said:
What do you use to hold and position tiny paper pieces to glue onto a page, card, etc? Pieces are so small, making it impossible for my fingers to hold and position.

For example: tiny, tiny holly leaves and really tiny holly berries

I love paper piecing! It is something I do a lot! I use the Cutterbee Tweezers. They are spring loaded so it holds the piece for you while you glue it & position it. I tried to post them here but did not see them. They are black & yellow like the scissors.
I would make sure you get spring loaded tweezers. They don't really have a spring. You could get another brand of tweezers that you have to squeeze to get them to open.

Edited by anda11 on 01-17-11 01:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to anda11

I like tweezers but I've stared using the Silhouette Pick Me Up tool for itty bitty pieces. It has a sticky end that I use to pick up the little pieces and place. The pointy end comes out and I use that to hold the glued piece down so I can lift the pick me up tool without taking the glued piece back up with it. I hope that makes sense. lol I wasn't sure I'd like it but I've used it so much since I got it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to LilacGal

I use tweezers.

Expert
In response to LilacGal

I second the Cutterbee Tweezers--so easy to use! I have one of the QK pick-me-up tools from when they first came out about 4 years ago; it was ok, but I'll stick with the Cutterbee Tweezers. The QK tool was very handy for picking little things up off of the floor when I dropped something while heavily pregnant...coulnd't bend over to the side very easily!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to HuskerMom98

I just wet my finger (i.e. lick) and pick up and place. Sounds gross, but it is such a teeny tiny amount and it is always available.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-17-11 07:19 AM
In response to sbartist

I have some reverse action tweezers from Close To My Heart that I use for all the tiny things. I don't remember for sure but I think they came with the eyelet setting tool.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to LeeLo

I use Making Memories tweezers. I just had to do this last night to place my Imaginisce gems to heat set with the I-rock. For tiny paper pieces I COULD use the Quickutz tool I bought from Archiver's. I keep forgetting I even have it!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to married05

I use a tweezer that I bought at Hobby Lobby- it has an extremely pointy/sharp tip-should be registered as a weapon!! And I also use my paper piercer to hold little cuts down as I apply the glue. Those items all set in my spinning tool caddy next to me at the table.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
I use a tweezer that I bought at Hobby Lobby- it has an extremely pointy/sharp tip-should be registered as a weapon!! And I also use my paper piercer to hold little cuts down as I apply the glue. Those items all set in my spinning tool caddy next to me at the table.

Is it the black and yellow one? I bought one from there a while back and yes, it could be used as a weapon. At a weekend long scrap several weeks ago - the only injury I received was from that thing. I have to remember to put the cover back on when done.

So that's my answer, the black and yellow reverse tweezers from HL.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to pugs223

No, mine is an off brand one, but it is in the scrapbook section, I think it is over by the quilling stuff.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mele1455

hey i use a small pair of needle nose tweesers to work with little paersd try it woreks pretty well for me

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to favreeeee

I also use tweezers, or a very fine pair of needlenose pliers from the beading section.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

Just regular cheap tweezers from the health and beauty department.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

I have the tweezers that stay closed until you squeeze them and the QuickStik. Love the quickstik

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use tweezers most of the time for paper pieces. For rhinestones, I use a wooden skewer with a blob of tacky stuff. I don't know the real name, but it looks like plastercine. It works really well.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to cat_woman

This! I love this!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to HisGEM

Yeah, I don't say this often, but I pretty much HAVE to have that quickstik!

VexedAngel
Tenant
VexedAngel
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:
I like tweezers but I've stared using the Silhouette Pick Me Up tool for itty bitty pieces. It has a sticky end that I use to pick up the little pieces and place. The pointy end comes out and I use that to hold the glued piece down so I can lift the pick me up tool without taking the glued piece back up with it. I hope that makes sense. lol I wasn't sure I'd like it but I've used it so much since I got it!

THIS LOVE THIS TOOL! :-) Sorry for shouting, but it really is awesome. I got one back when QuicKutz first had it out, it's missing in my crop tote now and I'm missing it so much!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics