Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Copic Markers        (Topic#1551193)
AliMscraps
Idol
AliMscraps

Does anyone use these markers?? I love to color my stamped images but can't bite the bullet to buy these markers because of the price. Are they really worth it or can I can a comparable product for cheaper??

Thanks
Alison

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to AliMscraps

I actually looked at them last night -- but 5.99 per marker. That's quite an investment. So far I haven't been satisfied with anything to color in stamps. I'm gonna try my hand at the watercolor pencils --

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to ncyankee

I have close to 300 of these markers and I definitely recommend them!!! There is nothing like these markers for coloring in your stamped images...I have tried several other markers and nothing compares. I bought each one of mine with a sale or a coupon...don't ever pay full price for one! Also, check out Ebay!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Scrapsaholic

Mandy!!!!300??
Is that every color they make?

Babylou
Diva
Babylou

They absolutely are worth it. Nothing else colors like these do. Secondly, they are refillable and the nibs (the ends) are replaceable. So in theory, the marker you buy, should be your marker for life. I don't know how much it is to refill them other places, but the store where I work will refill them for you for $1! Totally worth it!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Babylou

I have the Ciaos. I figured since I hadn't used them before it wouldn't make since to get the Sketches right away. Bought a set with a 50% off coupon from J's. I LOVE them and eventually I will get the Sketches. If you are interested in trying Ciaos, pm for the site I recommend! You can get a customized set (YOU choose the colors)with free shipping. I use him all the time when I want to add more colors.
Products Referenced in This Post:

akentuckygal
Diva
akentuckygal
In response to HisGEM

I love the copic's. Yes they are an investment but worth every penny in my mind. I color everything with them from prima bling to flowers. They last a very long time also.

akentuckygal
Diva
akentuckygal
In response to akentuckygal

I also get mine at a teacher supply store for $4.99

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to HisGEM

I bought most of mine at a site for $4.15 each, free shipping after $50. Oh, and sketches, not ciaos. He has ciao even cheaper! Like Mandy, I have almost all of them. There's less than 10 left that I still want (I don't really want the toners). I love them. If you plan to color many images, they're a good investment. If you only want to do a few or aren't sure it's something you'll be interested in six months from now, maybe just try a basic set or a different type of marker.

They're coming out with 12 new colors at CHA. I must have them! I'm not addicted or anything....

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to siameseplease

Gina you crack me up! I had no idea you had almost all of them already. Am I surprised? Nope
I am another one who would highly recommend them!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to siameseplease

I also have just started with these & I now own approx 40 Sketches which at the CarpeDiem site run about 3.89 to 4.15 ea.
Not only can you color images (watch the paper you use tho since they will bleed on normal stuff)but because they are alcohol ink you can color bling, metals, glass, etc. They can even be used in an airsprayer too. Saw a YouTube video on that. Awesome markers and I'm trying to control my new addiction!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Abby0317

Oh yeah, they definitely bleed pretty badly. I just put scrap paper under whatever I'm coloring in and it's no problem.

All of mine are the sketch markers, I've never tried the ciao. Actually, I've never even heard of them.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Mandy!!!!300??
Is that every color they make?

I've realized that when I find something I like, I HAVE to go big! That's not the best thing for my checking account, but whatever! LOL!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I have about 140 of the sketch markers. They are definitely the best markers for coloring stamps!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to TripletMother

Who put that reference in my post? LOL! I know I didn't!

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

I am another vote for Copic markers. I use both the ciao and the sketch - I get the ciao when I can because they are cheaper (but don't come in every color) and they have the same tips as the sketch ones. They are fantastic...I keep saying this but you should go on Youtube and see what people can do with them!!!

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to AliMscraps

I love my Copics...but rest assured, you can't buy just one, or two, or three...

...as someone else said, "Copics are marker crack!"

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

• Scrapsaholic Said:
Who put that reference in my post? LOL! I know I didn't!

I was wondering the same thing???!!!!???!!???

charleyhz2boys
Diva
charleyhz2boys
In response to HisGEM

I saw these at Hobby Lobby this weekend and wanted to buy them but didn't want to invest that much when I had no idea what they were like...glad I found this post...now I can't wait to get some .....thank you all for enabling an addict

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to charleyhz2boys

I have a total of two but I do have a set of watercolor pencils that I love.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics