Username Post: heavier cardstock (like 120 lb)        (Topic#1551349)
New Kid On the Block

I'm having a hard time finding heavy card stock options.

I don't know if I'm just totally missing something or if you can't get it everywhere. Most of the time I can't find the weight defined anywhere on the packing or display.

I'm basically looking for any heavier set paper options like 120 lb. Ideally in 12x12 size or in folded card sizes. Also does anybody know what the usual 12x12 paper weight is that you can find in lets say Michaels?

Thanks for your time.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to ddiriwa

Try Gina K. I know that her website sells heavier paper like that, because I have bought it in white. I think she calls it pure luxury. I don't know if she sells 12x12 sizes, though, but you could check.

I think regular CS is 80 lb. Again, I am not positive, but I think that's right.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Oh, and welcome to sb.com!

New Kid On the Block
In response to siameseplease

Thanks!

Yes I'm actually aware of Gina Ks card stock. That's the only place I know that supplies non bulk heavy card stock. I was just hoping for more options. I thought it would be so easy to find it elsewhere. I figured there must be a good paper supply place that would have it. Gina K's supplies are nice though. Thanks again for your time.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ddiriwa

My assumption is that most scrapbook paper is not labeled with the weight, because crafters probably are not too concerned about it.

I have some 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock by Georgia-Pacific that's labeled 110 lb.

You may have better luck through an art store or office supply?
Good luck!

jad49
jad49 
Veteran
jad49
  • jad49 on 01-22-11 08:58 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I buy heavier paper at an art supply store.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jad49

they have 120 lb CS at Staples, but I don't think they sell it in 12x12, could be wrong though,,,,I like Bazzill and I think that's 80 lbs,,,,I just don't find the need for anything heavier,,,,,,people who use copics though, I think like heavier than that,,

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics