Username Post: Stamp-a-ma-jig or fiskars easy stamp press        (Topic#1551557)
caraboo
Expert
caraboo

Anyone out there have either of these items?? I have been doing more stamping so I was wondering if these were something I should invest in...thoughts anyone?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to caraboo

I was given the Fiskars Easy Stamp Press, and I really like it. I would buy it before investing in clear blocks of all different sizes. This press pretty much takes care of a lot of different sizes. But I will say.....I still reach for the blocks that I bought for stamping (from CTMH). I think the image I get with the CTMH blocks is more crisp.

I have never had a need for the Fiskars extra plates. They might be helpful if you are doing a lot of repetitive stamping with different colors.

I'm not familiar with Inkadinado.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to caraboo

I have the stamp-a-ma-jig and it has been a lifesaver at times. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but for those times when you need to line stamps up and make sure they're nice and straight, this tool can really make things a lot easier.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to olleharr

I have the Fiskars Stamp Press and really like it. I use it about 50% of the times I stamp and it's consistently good. I've never needed an extra plate.

Cindy

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

I have both. I use it all! LOL I like the stamp press for my jumbo size stamps. The extra plates are not necessary. I use regular blocks for my smaller stamps. I survived stamping for a long time without the stampamajig. However, when I saw someone else use it, I thought "hmmmm..." and used my 50% off coupon. Well, I'm soooo glad I have it now! It's great for stamping a sentiment on the inside of a card STRAIGHT. I find that many of my wood mount stamps are mounted crooked, resulting in frustration.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to cindy312

Of course, I'm the odd ball. I hate the stamp press. Something about the foam and the way it compresses and resprings, I end up smearing it sometimes. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I dunno, but I'd think it's pretty straightforward.

I love the stampamajig. I have one of those, and LOVE it. It's awesome...especially if you're into putting the stamped image in just. the. right. spot. I know I am.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to angie girl

I'm not a wood mount stamp lover so I have no need for the stamp-a-ma-jig. However, if I were, I would probably have one so I can be sure of exactly where the stamp will go. I got the stamp press on clearance for $2.98 but I almost never use it. I find it smears often. Plus I get ink on it all the time. It's pretty much in a corner now. Like Jen, I also use the CTMH blocks. Love all the different sizes available and groove in the side is a perfect fit for my fingers to get a good grip.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
I'm not a wood mount stamp lover so I have no need for the stamp-a-ma-jig. However, if I were, I would probably have one so I can be sure of exactly where the stamp will go. I got the stamp press on clearance for $2.98 but I almost never use it. I find it smears often. Plus I get ink on it all the time. It's pretty much in a corner now. Like Jen, I also use the CTMH blocks. Love all the different sizes available and groove in the side is a perfect fit for my fingers to get a good grip.

The stampamajig is PERFECT for wood mount stamps. Many times they are not glued on there straight, so it's PERFECT for getting it in just the right spot or straight (like with wording ones).

Tenant
In response to angie girl

I love my Fiskars Stamp Press - I do not like the Stamp a ma jig as I just find it awkward to use!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to onlycarol

I have the stamp press and rarely use it. I also found it to result in less crisp images. I had to practice to get the right pressure and where to push for the best image. I hope that makes sense.
That said, it's definitely not something I reach for. However, since the stamp press is for clear mount stamps and the stamp-a-ma-jig is for wood mount stamps, it definitely depends on which you use more. Unless you can use the ma-jig for clear stamps. Which would lead to several questions, but would be for a different thread!!

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to fknapoleon

Sooo...thanks everyone for your help. I most use clear or cling stamps but I have started to buy a few wood ones too. I guess I will not get the stamp press right now because my CTMH blocks work well. But I might get the stam a ma jig since I am new to wood ones...and many of them just seem slightly off/crooked.

Thanks again!

BamaBug
Resident
BamaBug
In response to caraboo

Love both of them. Use them for different things - stampamajig is great for cards!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to BamaBug

I couldn't stamp without my stamp-a-ma-jig! One of my tools that I'd run right out and replace if I ever lost it. I'm a huge fan of wooden stamps, so I just use it to death.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics