Username Post: Looking for ink pad glue refills larger than 1/2 oz!        (Topic#1551641)
New Kid On the Block

So we recently began making our own greeting cards with ink pad glue and glitter. They come out very beautifully, but we went through a lot of glue, and now we need to replace it.
Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of glue this is? Does anyone know if there are refills available larger than 1/2 oz? Are there any alternative glues that can be used for this application?
We tried white glue; we tried thinned white glue, but this bled all over and did not work well.
Any ideas, folks?
Thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Wayniac99

• Wayniac99 Said:
So we recently began making our own greeting cards with ink pad glue and glitter. They come out very beautifully, but we went through a lot of glue, and now we need to replace it.
Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of glue this is? Does anyone know if there are refills available larger than 1/2 oz? Are there any alternative glues that can be used for this application?
We tried white glue; we tried thinned white glue, but this bled all over and did not work well.
Any ideas, folks?
Thanks!

How about this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks Amy! Don't you hate it when a newbie comes onto a forum and asks a question that's been asked and answered so many times before?
So before I asked my question I did explore the forum and the web at large; I did find those items that you suggested, but they each only contain very small amounts of the glue.
What other ideas do you have?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Wayniac99

LOL, don't worry Your particular questions actually are not that common here! As for bigger containers of the glue, I have never seen anything larger. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I have never heard of them. Are you using stamps with the glue or are you doing something different?

New Kid On the Block

I hope I'm not out of line in offering a link to ****, but I believe I've found what I'm looking for - from Martha, of course!
The description says 2.7 oz, and I ordered one.

I really did search long and hard for this before I bothered all you folks! (timing is everything!)

Edited by Wayniac99 on 01-30-11 07:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Wayniac99

Not trying to knock you here, but linking to another sb item seller is a no-no.

New Kid On the Block
In response to lisymarie

No offense taken Lisy. Sorry about that...I removed the link.
I guess I didn't realize this was a merchant driven forum.
Mea Culpa and apologies to the management.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Wayniac99

You can try acornsales.com , you will definitely get hell lots of option in stamp inks and other stamping related products and Rubber stamps itself.

Edited by acornsales on 02-08-11 02:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to acornsales

it's against the rules here to post links to other stores.

New Kid On the Block

Sorry Amy. As soon as I realized I was out of line, I removed my inappropriate link. If you or any admin feel that this thread should be deleted, I will not be offended.
And not to be argumentative, I understand that the seller supporting this forum does not want any other retailer linked here. That makes perfect sense to me. If, however, Scrapbook.com does not carry what I'm looking for, well, just know that I explored here first, so...

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Wayniac99

Wayniac, I'm pretty sure it's okay for members to PM each websites, you just can't post links in the forums.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Wayniac99

• Wayniac99 Said:
Sorry Amy. As soon as I realized I was out of line, I removed my inappropriate link. If you or any admin feel that this thread should be deleted, I will not be offended.
And not to be argumentative, I understand that the seller supporting this forum does not want any other retailer linked here. That makes perfect sense to me. If, however, Scrapbook.com does not carry what I'm looking for, well, just know that I explored here first, so...

Sorry, you're fine I was talking about the person above me who posted with the store address in the post.

New Kid On the Block
In response to lisymarie

Removed link ....lisy.........

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics