Username Post: tell me about the different albums out there        (Topic#1551893)
Tenant

when I first started scrapping years ago... I used only post bound albums, they were really cheaply made I guess, and some of the pages fell out. I got fed up with them,and put all my pages into CM albums. I've been happy with those so far, but the expense is getting to me.
A friend recently showed me her album, which looks like a new style (I guess I've been out of the loop with the new albums out there) It was by "We R Memory Keepers", and had clear plastic pouches to put photos in,and all different configurations.

I see that company and others like it have post bound albums also. The 3 ring albums seem to bulky to me, I'm not that crazy about them, but I'm scared to go back to the post bound in case they fall apart!
Can anyone tell me what brand/style,etc. album they like and why?
thanks!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Amyinwi

3 ring bookd are a bit bulkier, but will hold more pages or give thicker pages more room, less damage to pages with those. I can get over a years LO's in one. And makes it easier to move pages around, in case you dont scrap chronologically. No more foolin around and cussin with the post bound.

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to ScrappyMama6

I buy Pioneer albums and then I only use the Snap Load binding system. I HATED post bounds and they were so hard to use.

I like larger scrapbooks so I use a Pioneer Deluxe Easy Load album. The ones that I use are fabric covered and have a ribbon that run down the side of them. It only comes in four colors. I have gone through several types of albums and these are by far my favorite. They also hold quite a few LO's before you have to start the next one and they expand very easily.
Products Referenced in This Post:

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Amonika

Totally a fan of the D ring binders - you can easily insert, take out ... plus they hold way more layouts. That's all I buy.

Tenant
In response to Amonika

• Amonika Said:

I like larger scrapbooks so I use a Pioneer Deluxe Easy Load album. The ones that I use are fabric covered and have a ribbon that run down the side of them. It only comes in four colors. I have gone through several types of albums and these are by far my favorite. They also hold quite a few LO's before you have to start the next one and they expand very easily.

I have purchased pioneer albums in the past- those are the ones that fell apart It was like the plastic pages were cracking and fell out. I was so frustrated with them. Took every layout and redid them onto a CM album page.
I do like the product you posted about. Have used that once, to replace a post bound that was falling apart.
I'll have to look at those again.

Tenant
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Totally a fan of the D ring binders - you can easily insert, take out ... plus they hold way more layouts. That's all I buy.

Do you have any idea how many pages you can fit in them?
I like the idea of them, but look so much larger. Not sure if they will fit on the shelves where all the rest of my other albums are.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to Amonika

I like these Pioneer Albums as well. CM is getting too expensive, although, they have been my favorite for 10 years now. Post bound are so difficult to put together once you get your finished pages in. Pioneer albums are great.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics