Username Post: We R Memory Keepers Albums        (Topic#1551961)
Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

I recently purchased my first 12 x 12 3 ring We R Memory Keepers album from here. It arrived earlier this week. Tonight when I went to add in the pages to it, I noticed right away that the cover had bowed. (I can post a picture if anyone needs to see what I mean). Has anyone ever had their book cover bow or bend?

I'm not sure what to do about this...

I had bought this book and the page protectors and had planned to use it for our wedding book but now I am rethinking this plan, as I don't know how to get the cover to bend back flat again.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Shutterbugg

Here is the link to a photo of the album with the bent cover. It's almost as though the book was put together too tightly and now the cover wont lay flat. There is still room to add pages, so I know thats not the issue.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I would find something heavy and put a towel or something on the cover, then open it on the edge of a table and flatten the cover for a day. that stinks to have something new that bowed up!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to riverroadrn

I looked at the picture. That is kind of odd. I think I would contact customer service.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to NMlady

i agree with calling customer service...that bites! let us know what you decide to do!

pastorwife
Veteran
pastorwife
In response to Mrs. DKK

Call customer service. They are the greatest. I have never heard of anything like this before. They may also have ideas of what to do if it can't be replaced.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to pastorwife

Thank you all for your suggestions. I carefully tried to bow it the other direction but it is to tight to even budge. And when the book is laid cover down, the back side cover bows up, which tells me right away that the book was bound to tightly. I will contact customer service for both sb.com (where I bought it from) and also WRMK and I will post back here to let everyone know what the resolution was.

Thank you again for your thoughts and suggestions!

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

I have 13 of these albums and have never had that happened. I would definately send it back!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to flagirlof4

good luck and keep us posted ...

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to madmatter

Hopefully you get things straightened out. I'm sure between sb.com and Memory Keepers, someone will be able to help.
I have these albums as well and have never had an issue. Good luck on getting it resolved quickly.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• Shutterbugg Said:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I carefully tried to bow it the other direction but it is to tight to even budge. And when the book is laid cover down, the back side cover bows up, which tells me right away that the book was bound to tightly. I will contact customer service for both sb.com (where I bought it from) and also WRMK and I will post back here to let everyone know what the resolution was.

Thank you again for your thoughts and suggestions!

Maybe try heating the cover with your blow dryer first...I had a small album (not WRMK) do this, I warmed it up, and gently bent back, and it stayed. But if not, I'm sure the fine folks here will take care of it for you! And hopefully its just a fluke and not happening to a whole batch of them1 Good Luck!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to ScrappyMama6

UPDATE***
I contacted the customer service here at Scrapbook.com and Amber responded this morning. The book is apparently not supposed to be bowed like this and sb.com sent out a replacement for it today. They suggested I keep the bowed book and do with it as I please. I have not figured out what I am going to try to do to flatten the covers because they are pretty tightly bowed, I fear I will break the binding on it if I bend them too much. If I come up with a solution, I will be sure to post it.

I appreciate everyones comments and suggestions.

Also - Customer service at sb.com is top notch in my book.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Yes, sb.com customer service is the bomb dot com!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to runzalot81

• runzalot81 Said:
Yes, sb.com customer service is the bomb dot com!

I ditto that. I have 7 of those albums and non are bowed; thankfully. How weird.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Glad you contacted customer service....they absolutely rock!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics