Username Post: Glimmer Mist Questions        (Topic#1552083)
mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy

I'm totally new to the world of glimmer mist, so I have a lot of questions about it!

What color or colors would you recommend trying first? I'm still trying to decide if this is a product I would use, so I'm wondering which one or two colors would be best to start out with?

Also, I've seen that you can use it with stencil/screens for cool background effects, and you can spray embellishments and flowers with it to make them shimmer. What else can I do with glimmer mist?

Is there a tutorial out there that you would recommend or another resource that could help me learn more about this product?

Thanks for your help!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to mschiddy

My absolute favorite mist color is the Pearl, you can use it on any color paper and not lose the color/pattern of the paper it just adds a lovely shimmer to it. Otherwise I started with Electric Blue as my first colored mist, and from there I added one of each color over time. But my go to mist is the pearl.

Check out the tattered angels website they have some excellent tips on there. There are also some great tutorials on youtube and here on sb.com

But experimenting is the best way to learn if you like it or not! Be sure to have a box to put your project in so that you don't spray your table or other projects/supplies!
Products Referenced in This Post:

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks for your response! I'm thinking I will try Pearl and one color to start. That way I'd have the Pearl for just shimmer and the color for both shimmer and color.

That's good advice to make sure I spray inside a box. I could imagine myself spraying everything else along with my project!

After I posted my questions, I clicked on a glimmer mist color in the store here and saw the Tattered Angels video. What a cool feature to have videos with products on the scrapbook.com site! It's a handy resource!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mschiddy

I ordered some Glimmer Glaze from Tattered Angels. I thought it was a product I tried at a Creating Keepsakes convention in 2010. The bottle I got is about the size of nail polish. Didn't look the same as what I tried at the convention. Any advice on using it???Thanks in advance for any tips you might share.

Tenant
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I also started my glimmer mist collection with pearl and after many bottles it is my favorite and most used! One of the best things about the tattered angels glimmer mist is that it is water based so a little bit of water cleans up everything that you didnt mean to spray and if you get it one your clothes just throw them in the wash it will come out! There are a ton of videos on you tube for different ways to use the glimmer mist, many of them are from the company tattered angels! My favorite is with stencils that i found down the paint aisle at hobby lobby.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GraceJones

I only have one bottle. I think it's bronze or brown, or something.
Sounds like the Pearl would be a good one to have.
What's the difference between dazzling diamonds and pearl?

There are several videos here about Glimmer Mist:

Glimmer Glam demo

Glimmer Mist basics

Glimmer Mist Demo

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Bxr-Linda

My favorite colors are Graphite, Marhsmallow, candyapple red, and sandy beach.

I LOVE glimmer mist with a passion. I use it on everyting. I even used it on a branch that I decorated my fireplace mantel with. I just love it because you can change any paper to what ever color you like.
I personally love the random drips and pools as well. I never try for a a nice even mist.

I think one of my favorite things is how you can spray a flocked paper and change the back ground color so nicely. The flocking holds some of the shimmer and it looks awesome.

HEre is the flocked paper it was paperbag color before.. Making Mischief By Planty

This is a Valentine thingy I love..
Be mine plaque By Planty

One of my favorite misted pages.
Jacob Myers Park By Planty

It takes some getting used to but once you just let go and spray away it's fun.

Tenant
In response to planty

Am gonna have to try the flocking technique out, first time that ive seen that one! Thanks for sharing! Love glimmer mist, its so versatile!

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to GraceJones

Thanks for your input on Glimmer Mist! I could only find it locally at Archivers, not at Js or Ms near me. I also found and tried Ranger's Perfect Pearls Mist in Interference Red. It's a very similar product from what I could tell. It looks like this site has a bigger selection of the Perfect Pearls mist colors than A's, so I plan to try more soon!

firenice86
Resident
firenice86
In response to mschiddy

Look on youtube. There are tutorials for making your own, so you can have ANY color you want

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to firenice86

Thanks! I've seen the YouTube videos on homemade glimmer mist and tried it. It didn't go so well for me. But, maybe now that I've seen and used the actual product, I'll be able to tweak my recipe to make it work better.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics