Username Post: Paper Trimmer Recommendations        (Topic#1552433)
New Kid On the Block

I'm looking to buy a paper trimmer. I would be using it mainly for making cards of all sizes and other paper projects. There are so many options out there so I thought I'd just ask and see if there were any obvious preferences. I also would like to know if there's anything I should be aware of before buying one.

Thanks for your time!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to ddiriwa

I use this one...and I love it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to -Melissa-

Recently bought the Purple Cow and it is great. It is the best of both worlds!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to ddiriwa

I've used quite a few trimmers and my current favourite is the Fiskars Sure Cut because it's got a little wire running all the way down the trimmer track that shows exactly where it will cut. I also like the fact that it's got measurements at the top and bottom, and also down the side. That means I don't have to cut off more paper than I need because I can stop at a certain point, rotate the paper, and cut a piece with the exact dimensions I wanted.

New Kid On the Block
In response to traceyjean

Thank you so much these are all great suggestions!!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 02-03-11 01:34 PM
In response to ddiriwa

I have a Dahl and love it.It can cut tiny slivers
or large cuts.Depending on which one you buy you can get different type blades.Oh and it is self sharpening!

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Bev1

I second Tracy's suggestion.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to ktmracing

Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer with the LED and the Portable!!

My home one has the nifty little light on it! Believe me when you are going blind, THIS HELPS!

I do the late night stuff so the nigh time lighting is not the best(my Ott-lite should be in the office I know...), and with my developing in years, it to see too! I have the traveler for crop nights!

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to AZscrapnquilt

I have the Making Memories rotary cutter and I love it. It has a self-sharpening blade, so you don't need to worry of the added expense of blades. My only complaint is that its hard to cut anything smaller than about 1.5". I've had mine for almost 2 years and the cuts are as straight and clean as the day I bought it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cat_woman

another vote for the Making Memories,,,,,awesome trimmer! DO NOT cut chipboard or more than 2 pieces of CS at the same time though,,the blade can bend and there's no replacing it,,,,

I keep a cheapie trimmer around for cutting cs.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics