Username Post: favorite adhesive?        (Topic#1552547)
Tenant

Hi there! Looking for your suggestions on what type of adhesive I should try. For years, I used CM taperunners. I like them, but they aren't always readily available.

I've tried some sort of glue dots, but they were large and folded over and were hard to fix.
I do a lot of "flat" scrapping.. not many bulky, heavy embellishments, if that helps.

so- what are your favorite brands?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Amyinwi

I use a lot of Zip Dry. It's a liquid adhesive that dries very quickly and never warps or wrinkles paper.

Instead of Glue Dots, I use Glue Arts Adhesive Squares and Mini Adhesive Squares. They're flat and more pliable than Glue Dots but really strong. They just came out with Extreme Adhesvie squares as well for super strength.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Here Kitty on 02-04-11 07:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Amyinwi

I use different adhesives for different things.

My #1 fav it my ATG gun.

Gloss accents is great when liquid is needed.

I love glue dots, but prefer the mini size (not bulky).

My Xyron is great for small, intricate pieces.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

I like the ATG gun You get a ton of adhesive (108 feet per roll) and that stuff is STRONG.

zip dry is also wonderful.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CommaHolly

I'm a huge fan of glossy accents for liquid glue. And I've tried all the tape runners out there and haven't found one that I've really liked. So I've been using Scotch permanent double sided tape, the stuff is major strong and I have a connection at the company headquarters who gets it for me cheap. It is acid free photo safe and all that rigmaroll.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to MrsAnnieS

My fave is my pink ATG. I also love my X. And I'm starting to use my Zig glue pen now that I am using my Cricut more.

Edited by lisymarie on 02-04-11 08:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to lisymarie

ATG all the way.
I also occasionally use Tombow Liquid Glue, Glossy Accents, Mini Glue Dots, and the Zig 2 Way for really thin pieces.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:
My fave is my pink ATG. I also love my X. And I'm starting to use my Zig glue pen now that I am using my Cricut more.

These are my 3 picks too.

CSMmom
CSMmom 
Expert
CSMmom
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:

These are my 3 favorites as well although my ATG is fairly new. I've had it about a month and gone through about 2/3s of a roll. I've been using it a ton and I'm shocked it still has quite a bit left in it! And I have a refill already so I'm not worried about running out.

It is SUPER strong which is good and bad. Its nice knowing stuff won't fall apart but I've made a few mistakes with placement (crooked pics) and its not forgiving at all!

Tenant
In response to CSMmom

I have a zig glue pen I use for smaller things , I think that will come in handy once I get my cricut.

So maybe I should try the mini glue dots? The larger ones just didn't work well for me.

Can anyone explain what the adhesive is like on the ATG?
is it glue, or a sticky paper?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics