Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Wowzer, some people really do have too much inventory        (Topic#1552553)
ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

I was watching scrap room videos on Youtube tonight. One I came across was just too much. She had more than one person would EVER use in a lifetime. And she wasn't a person who taught or sold.

Really, it kind of made me feel sad. There was just too much, and nobody needs that much. It really made me proud and happy for what little I have as I maximize the use of every thing I own for this craft.

Granted, we all have some things we don't need or will use, but when it gets into the tens of thousands of dollars, it is all a bit much.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to ktmracing

Who was it, lol?

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to lisymarie

LOL, I did not post the video as I had no way of konwing if she was a member...I don't want to hurt feelings.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to ktmracing

I am not sure that you are being fair.

a) How do you know that she has never taught or done demos? Or used to have a store?

b) You probably don't know anything about her financial situation. Who cares how much she spent or didn't spend? It doesn't affect me.

c) Maybe she won it all. Or maybe she inherited it from a friend who passed away. Or maybe she is a compulsive shopper. Who knows? Who cares?

If you don't want to hurt feelings, why are you making a thread about it?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
I am not sure that you are being fair.

a) How do you know that she has never taught or done demos? Or used to have a store?

b) You probably don't know anything about her financial situation. Who cares how much she spent or didn't spend? It doesn't affect me.

c) Maybe she won it all. Or maybe she inherited it from a friend who passed away. Or maybe she is a compulsive shopper. Who knows? Who cares?

If you don't want to hurt feelings, why are you making a thread about it?

we SO need a standing ovation smiley here!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to moxiegirl23

Also, if she's been scrapping for 20 years, she probably has a TON of stamps, tools, dies, inks, machines, etc,,,,,,,

you don't have to spend a ton every week to build up quite a stash over the years.

I spend between 20 and 40 dollars a week. It's what I can afford, it's what I have budgeted. And it takes nothing out of my family budget. I receive larger expenditures for holidays and birthdays,,,,,,

I have a ton already (2 years into scrapping) and I can only IMAGINE what it will look like in 20 years

There's new stuff coming out all the time,,,,,,,I like to collect tools and embossing folders and things I can use over and over again. I swap what I don't need or have a ton of for things that I do need.

If you're new at this, come back in about ohhhhhhhhhhh 2 years and tell me how little you have then

and I'm not being snarky at you, really,,,,,I just think when we first begin, and we have a smaller stash, it's overwhelming to see the supply of someone who's been scrapping for YEARS AND YEARS

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CommaHolly

2 years.. HA... who needs 2 years I have a budget of 50ish dollars a week... and I could lose myself in all my stuff.... its accumulates so fast... speaking of which, I went through all my paper today and I have decided I need to go shopping because I don't have what I need lol

Resident
In response to jessielee

I havent bought a scrappy related item in almost 2 years! I do buy adhesive and print pics I just have that much stuff.
I used to belong to another MB and members of the DT would purge thier rooms and if you sent then $10 for a flat rate mailer they would ship you off a box of thier unwanted stuff. So I really didnt spend a fortune on what I have.

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to Lauralny

Give us a link to her video---We'll decide if she has too much stuff!!! LOL

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to Love 2 Learn

This thread is why people who have been scrapping for years should stay out of Beginning Scrapping.

I totally remember hating thick LOs and thinking people have way too much stuff and how could they "waste" all that money... and then one day I woke up to a formal dining room filled with scrappy goodies and was challenged by someone to say how much I had spent... and I knew I had crossed over from thinking "them" crazy to being crazy.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ktmracing

Sorry guys, but I agree with the OP that the scrapbooking subculture at large really does glorify over-accumulation.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Sorry guys, but I agree with the OP that the scrapbooking subculture at large really does glorify over-accumulation.

You don't have to apologize for agreeing about the over-accumulation. I have too much stuff and sometimes, when I think about how much I spent, it makes me throw up a little in my mouth. On the other hand, coming in my room and attempting creation is well worth the price I've paid for all my stuff. My issue with the op is the attitude of I don't want to make someone feel bad because I'm judging her without knowing all the info, but I'm gonna publicly judge this person without knowing why the woman has all that stuff.

Resident
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • aquabunny Said:

when I think about how much I spent, it makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

Ewww....LOL

clicketmomma
Veteran
clicketmomma
In response to Lauralny

Ive been scrapping for years and I like beginning scrapbooking...

SarahMack
Resident
SarahMack
In response to clicketmomma

I envy though who are able to spend $40-50 a week on scrapping goodies. I just spent about $100 total ($60-something at Joann's, $20 at Overstock and another $25-ish at Wal-Mart) in the past two weeks, however, before that, I hadn't been able to buy anything since before Christmas when I bought my Cricut Graphically Speaking cart and spatula. I just can't afford to spend that much money a week. Usually I will stash some money aside and maybe once a month or so, I'll get some stuff.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to SarahMack

I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. It just really struck me and I didn't think that the post would ruffle feathers. Yet it did for some and I feel bad because I am new here and don't want anyone to think I am a pot-stirrer or somebody who tears people down.

She stated in comments that she doesn't teach classes or sell her things, so I wasn't going on assumptions.

Anyway, sorry again to those who think my post wasn't nice.

rubymillerand
Idol
rubymillerand
In response to ktmracing

To each their own. You might feel overwhelmed walking into a room like that and not know where to start. Some might look at your space and feel claustrophobia. It shouldn't matter what you spend or don't spend, it should matter the time and effort you put in to your work. I don't tell anyone (except my husband) how much I spend and I don't personally want to know what they spend.

Hope you get to enjoy reading the forums, welcome to SB.com

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to rubymillerand

Could you PM the link to the video? Tens of thousands of dollars is an enormous amount no matter how rich you are. I'm genuinely curious.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to RhondaR

• RhondaR Said:
Could you PM the link to the video? Tens of thousands of dollars is an enormous amount no matter how rich you are. I'm genuinely curious.

me too

and I didn't think your original post was offensive ... I'm sure to some people the amount I have is insane, but compared to others it doesn't seem to be so much

the truth is, there is always someone who has more, and I think we can be equally jealous and horrified by it

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to madmatter

me too. Just color me curious.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics