Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Buy cuttlebug on sale or save up for cricut?        (Topic#1552591)
bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Ok here's the situation. I have 100 bucks right now that I can spend. There happens to be a cuttlebug at my walmart for 68. (I'm canada, things tend to be marked up over here, 68 seems like a good price, it's actually not even a sale price. I think it's because they're discontinuing this verson)
Anyways. Next month I will have another 50, plus it'll be my birthday so another 50... total 200 bucks. That's on my way to getting a cricut... I could at least probably find one on ebay for not too much more...
Thing is, if I get the cricut I'm tempted to go big or go home. It annoys me that my circle cutter can't cut much bigger than 9inches, kwim?
WWYD?

(sorry if everyone's sick of cricut questions lol.)

Edited by bcblondie on 02-05-11 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to bcblondie

Ohhh, that's a toughy. I do love my Expression, but I'm dying for a Cuttlebug for embossing. Which do you think you would use more?

liz_y_jose
Expert
liz_y_jose
In response to bcblondie

I would honestly wait and buy the cricut... I made the mistake when I first started of buying the cuttlebug first thinking that little diecuts would be less then buying cartridges (wrong I was) and hardly used it! That was the biggest waste of my money personally. Granted The only thing i use my cuttlebug for is embossing. The cricut was my best buy I've purchased. Do you know you can get a small cricut under $100 right? If you were looking for an expression check ebay, you would be shocked to see the prices they sell for on there. Check it out!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to liz_y_jose

Do you want to cut,,,,,

or do you want to emboss???/

cricut if you want to cut,,,,,,,,cuttlebug if you want to emboss.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Lisa I'm not sure. Probably more for cutting. But you never know til you have them, right? I'm always surprised which tools I use most.

Liz I really can't find a small cricut for 100. Not in store anyways. maybe online. It's so hard when you're in Canada.
Def stalking ebay though! I made a bid on one last week but lost.

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys
In response to lisymarie

I have both. Just got the cuttlebug yesterday. I do love the cuttlebug already but if I had to pick I would do cricut and gypsy combo. I dont rarely do a LO without them!

liz_y_jose
Expert
liz_y_jose
In response to bcblondie

My mother got her expression for $80 brandnew! that was about a year ago but still. Honestly when i sold my small cricut when i upgrated because it was used it only sold for $40.

Great idea tho, seriously STALK EBAY you will get a good price. If you are going for mainly cutting surely get the cricut. Granted the cuttlebug has some cute cuts but not nearly as nice as the cricut. Surely worth the wait.

Do an all nighter at like 3:00am i win stuff all the time super cheap. I just got the once upon a princess cart for $9.38 with free shipping!

Edited by liz_y_jose on 02-05-11 12:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Ok you guys sold me on the cricut lol. I predicted that you would too. Most of you are such big cricut fans.

Do you think I could get the expression on ebay for cheap? I mean, not many people would be "upgrading" from that. Just quitting scrapbooking probably...

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

Okay, go for the Cricut, an Expression, right? It is so much more versatile, size-wise, than dies.

If you want to emboss, save up for a Cuttlebug, or if you don't mind more size restrictions, a Texture Boutique. You want to emboss before you can get one, there are instructions out there for how to use embossing folders with a rolling pin.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to lisymarie

People may upgrade to an Expression 2 or an Imagine (but will lose the 12x24 capability).

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:
Ok you guys sold me on the cricut lol. I predicted that you would too. Most of you are such big cricut fans.

Do you think I could get the expression on ebay for cheap? I mean, not many people would be "upgrading" from that. Just quitting scrapbooking probably...

tons of people are upgrading to the Imagine,,,,and when the E2 comes out in April they will be upgrading to that,,,,,,AND the price may drop due to the E2 coming out,,,,,,

sooooo you never know,,,,,,,

it's shipping and handling to Canada that may kill you.

liz_y_jose
Expert
liz_y_jose
In response to bcblondie

Yes like i said my mom got hers for $80. I would check late night. Or seach and watch a bunch. They really aren't selling for much right now because alot of people are trying to upgrade to the imagine and (colored ones)

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

I hate size restrictions lol. Like I said. My circle cutter only does like 9 inches and it drives me nuts lol.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

having said that, I spent 2 days stalking EBAY for an Expression, and they were going for more than I can get one at WM.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

• CommaHolly Said:
  • bcblondie Said:

tons of people are upgrading to the Imagine,,,,and when the E2 comes out in April they will be upgrading to that,,,,,,AND the price may drop due to the E2 coming out,,,,,,

sooooo you never know,,,,,,,

it's shipping and handling to Canada that may kill you.

Oh dear. I forgot about the imagine.

Wait, the create goes up to 11.5 inches? I doubt I'd need anything bigger than that... I dont need 23 inch die cuts lol.

liz_y_jose
Expert
liz_y_jose

seriously? Like i said my mom won hers for $80. Maybe its because we live in the U.S I am not sure.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Yes. Canada sucks. That is why.
I also just saw a note on one ebay listing "beware, duty fee may apply for international customers"

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to bcblondie

I love my cuttlebug. I have had a for 3 years. I use it alot. I got it on ebay. I cannot afford a cricut,but I see on the J's email that I got recently that the personal is $80 but that sale ends tomorrow. I'm thinking about it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to NMlady

you SAY you won't want to cut larger than 11.5 inches, Susy,,,,,,,,

snort,,,,,,,that's what I said,,,2 years later,,,,,

whammo, I want the E

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

What would you need 2 foot long die cuts for? lol. Hanging banners?!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics