Username Post: New to the site & Michigan!!        (Topic#1552787)
Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Hi Everyone
I am new to this site, to scrapbooking and to the great state of Michigan....I grew up here MANY years ago but have recently moved back and was wondering if anyone knew of a scrapbooking group near me?? I have never been part of a group or taken a class but would love to!!
I am near Stanton & Crystal about 40 minutes from Greenville and Ionia

nativeheart7
New Kid On the Block
nativeheart7
In response to Cassondra71

Hi, welcome back to Michigan. I am sorry I dont know of any groups near you. I believe I am not far from you though. I also recently moved here. I have lived here for only eight months. Maybe if one of us finds out about any groups we could let the other know.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to nativeheart7

Welcome to Michigan. I am in the U.P. so not near you but I think there is an Arnie's Crafts in Greenville. Arnie's is the best craft store! Check it out.

croppincandice
New Kid On the Block
croppincandice

Welcome back to Michigan! I live in Cadillac, so not close to you - but you would always be welcome to join us at a Monthly Crop or Weekend Retreat. My calendar & details are on my website: www.mycmsite.com/candicesmall or you could also look-up a local group by going to: www.creativememories.com & then search for consultants in your area.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to croppincandice

I'm right beside you!!! I live in Carson City...

Watergirl
New Kid On the Block
Watergirl

Welcome to the neighborhood! I live out in Clarksville, about 20mins to Ionia, right off the expressway. There are a bunch of us that do crops in GR (Grand Rapids) and Lansing. There is one coming up! You should come! It's hosted by a CTMH gal out of Lowell, but we all do everything. Date is March 16-18th and it's $45 for Friday 4pm- Sunday 4pm. It's one of the thriftier crops we've found. Here is her blog for more info and would love to get together just to scrap.
www.1creativechick.blogspot.com

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to Watergirl

I am new to the state also... I am in Wyandotte.

lharris
New Kid On the Block
lharris

Hello, I am Lisa Harris. We have a group of people mostly nurses from Lanising/Owosso who get together for a 3 day weekend crop a couple times a year. We gather at the Holiday Inn Express (Jolly and Okemos). We do not have a store or a sponsor like Creative Memories, just a bunch of women. We usually have 25-30 people each having a 6 foot table each. We have several people that because of vacation and work can't come so we have room for about 10 people.
It's $50 for the crop room and the hotel rooms we have a block for $89 each night. I arrange the main dish, the drinks and everyone brings a dish and snacks. If you think you might be interested I have a flyer I can send them. It is very informal but we have a lot of fun.
Please feel free to e-mail me if interested, lisapaysbills@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Lisa Harris

croppincandice
New Kid On the Block
croppincandice
In response to lharris

I host Scrapbook Weekends in Traverse City, starting @ $150.00 for 4 per room that includes 2 nights lodging, Fri. dinner, Sat. brkfst/lunch/dinner, Sun. brkfst, coffee/pop/chocolate in conf. room, $25.00 gift for attending, prize drawings, make-n-takes. Happy to email you the info. letter, my contact:
Email: candicescraps@gmail.com
Facebook: Candice's Scrapbooking Michigan

lharris
New Kid On the Block
lharris

02-19-13 08:12 PM - Post#15896989

We have opening in a crop March 15,16,17 at the Holiday Inn Express in Lansing MI. We have no sponsors, close to several stores in Frandor and Okemos. We are just a bunch of women with a lot of stuff, enjoying good food, relaxation, and uninteruppted scrappin'. Cost is $60 for the crop. Over night rooms are $89 for 2 people and $109 for 4 people. Hotel has breakfast and a very nice pool and hottub.
Contact me for more details Have a creative day,
Lisa

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics