Username Post: Mesh/Chicken Wire        (Topic#1552793)
Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

I have seen people use this, or something like it on pages....where do they get it? Just the hardware store?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Penny Lane

Are you trying to make a grid?

I have used drywall tape and a mesh bag that Clemintines came in as a pattern then painted over. Like this - no comments, just showing you.

Seashore By Scrap4brains

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to scrap4brains

I've used drywall tape and mesh bags that onions and oranges come in

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to jennaroo

I have some that at one time was a legitimate scrapping product....from a long, long time ago.... it was made by pixie press... not sure if they exist anymore?

Link

Edited by Msceejay2000 on 02-08-11 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jennaroo

I've seen people use real chicken wire - it's cute! There are also chicken wire stamps that are very nice.

Sequins waste is another thing you might be seeing. I use that sometimes.

Edited by ContentCreator on 10-03-11 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Penny Lane

• Penny Lane Said:
I have seen people use this, or something like it on pages....where do they get it? Just the hardware store?

I got mine from my farmer neighbor-turkey farmer! And I use it over old step ladders to give my clemati something to grab onto while climbing to the ladder. But I've seen it at Tractor Supply, and Lowes and Home Depot. Some small Mom & Pop hardware stores may have some too.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to ScrappyMama6

I snagged a few scraps of some kind of black nylon window screen/mesh type junk from my husband's beehive building adventure this past summer. I'm pretty sure he got it at a hardware store. Maybe you can ask at a co-op or CSA for a few pieces so you don't have to buy a whole big roll.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to sunrenay

There is Magic Mesh too. SBC doesn't sell it but if you google or evilbay it you'll find it

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

i've used magic mesh, but i've also bought some gift wrap ribbon that looks like mesh. i also use produce bags to get that look too.

jadoredior454
Pro
jadoredior454
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

great ideas!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics