Username Post: Fastenater ?        (Topic#1553101)
ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

Are the "staples" for this universal or do they come in different sizes?

Also, which is the best hand held to buy and why?

Thank you so much in advance.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ktmracing

they are not universal, they're rather big actually, so you have to buy the staples specifically for the fastenator.

personally, I wouldn't bother. I had one for a while, and ended up throwing it out. most of the time, the staples came out bent and deformed and I got sick of it.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tina scraps

I use the staples without the machine.

Resident
In response to Scrapbook Queen

That was one of my "Had to have" purchases that rarely gets used

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to Lauralny

I bought a regular long-reach stapler from an office supply store for about the same price and love it so much; I use it for household things all the time and can use any normal staple in it for scrapbooking, they come in so many colors!

Edited by MommyMarci on 02-13-11 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MommyMarci

I agree...to me, the fastenator was a waste of my gram's money. We were shopping together and she insisted on buying me one. I rarely used it, because I didn't like it much at all. The staples are just too big and bulky. I don't like the look of them at all. I gave it to a friend who wanted to try one. I also didn't like that you couldn't use just any old staples in it. Beware of buying it; I have seen the staples on clearance all over the place and wonder if there will come a point soon where you can't even get them in the big box stores.

Personally, I'd rather just use a plain old stapler with colored staples.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to siameseplease

hahahahha - I totally got the wrong end of the stick here. Over here in the UK, a fascinator is the flowery thing you wear in your hair to a wedding and I couldn't understand why people were telling you to use staples

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
hahahahha - I totally got the wrong end of the stick here. Over here in the UK, a fascinator is the flowery thing you wear in your hair to a wedding and I couldn't understand why people were telling you to use staples

I can see the confusion.

This tool is called: Fasten---ator... as in to fasten, not fascinate.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

The staples for the fastenator are 'bars.' Much wider than a regular staple. Completely different, NOT interchangeable with regular office-type staples.

This was also a 'must have' tool for me when it came out. It is the ONLY thing I bought full price. I'm underwhelmed by it.

I found a bunch of bars/staples very cheap, so I'm forcing myself to use it. I found the trick is not to press down too hard. I tend to want to really press it (like I would a heavy-duty stapler). I does NOT require that kind of pressure, and will bend the bars.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had used the staples for this also without the appliance. It was not a big deal. I did not want the actual Fastenator. Later found it at a garage sale for $2.00, so now I have it. I must say I too do not find this to be a product I would spend money on. The fact that I spent $2.00 on it kind of bugs me, because I use it sooo little.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to NoirCat

Thank you all so very, very much. I won't be buying one per all your reviews. I did get a set of the staples/bars super cheap on Ebay, and it never occurred to me that I can use them up without the tool. I am SO glad I asked you all! Thanks again.

SarahMack
Resident
SarahMack
In response to ktmracing

Are you talking about the Tim Holtz one? If so, I love mine!! I bought the extra staples too and if I want colored ones, than I'll just color them with alcohol ink. I actually have some colored brown, one colored red and one colored green. I don't have many colors of the ink yet, but I do love it. The only thing I have against it is the reach. I wish it had a longer one. But aside from that, I love it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SarahMack

• SarahMack Said:
Are you talking about the Tim Holtz one? If so, I love mine!! I bought the extra staples too and if I want colored ones, than I'll just color them with alcohol ink. I actually have some colored brown, one colored red and one colored green. I don't have many colors of the ink yet, but I do love it. The only thing I have against it is the reach. I wish it had a longer one. But aside from that, I love it.

No. The fastenator is not a regular stapler and does not use staples. It uses "bars" (wider staple-like).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics