Username Post: Die Cut Machines and Dies        (Topic#1553227)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Okay guys, I need help.

I have an Epic 6 die cut system, but I want these wing dies....it SAYS that it is for the Sizzix and all that, but CAN I use it in the Epic? It says it has to have pads??!! Egads, I do not know enough about these suckers!

What are the rules with these?
Products Referenced in This Post:

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Manda_K

these are the cutting pads they're talking about.

http://store.scrapbook.com/sz-655093.html?t2=die+cuttin...

you use them to make a sandiwch of pad, die, paper, pad before running it through a machine. It looks like (from my quick google search) that epic 6 calls them cutting/embossing mats. Sounds like you have what you need to buy and use that die.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 02-15-11 09:40 AM
In response to moxiegirl23

Manda, I think this die is just like the rest of the Tim dies, and if it is, all you need to make it work in the Epic Six is a pair of Cuttlebug B plates or pads. They come in a two pack, and I think they are about $8 at Michaels.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Rae_M

OHHH!! Okay, yeah, I have those pads already! Mine came with a couple I think...I will check.

Thanks guys!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Manda_K

To cut Sizzix, you are supposed to use 2 of the hard plastic (plexiglass) mats with the Sizzix die and cardstock between them.

But alas, they sold it with one of those cutting mats only. I have heard that the Sizzix mats work too - but that doesn't help you right now.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to corrie fan

I use the Sizzix mats in my Epic6 and they work great!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to traceyjean

Good tip - wasn't sure if they were the same thickness or not since I don't have any.

tracishell
Expert
tracishell
In response to corrie fan

I totally want that die, too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics