Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Tool and Floss        (Topic#1553257)
kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

For those of you who have used the tool and floss referenced in the subject line, how many strands of floss did you use?

Thanks!

Kathy :-)

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to kjginga

When I used it, I did not seperate the floss into strands.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Fortunes Fool

I have this tool, but I'm not sure that I understand your question. I just unwind the length of floss that I need, cut it, and sew with it.

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to Fortunes Fool

I have seperated them and have not. I like the look of each.

When I seperated them, I was using a back stitch which was kind of thick anyway.

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to Marilee55

Thanks everyone!

Kathy :-)

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kjginga

i don't sepearte mine

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to Just G

I've actually not used their floss. I use either regular thread & double it up a few times. Or just cross stitch thread. Not sure if it's any cheaper than theirs, but there are tons more colors! (Mine is all a hand me down, so I haven't had to go out & buy any yet.)

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to YesterdaysEcho

Did you order your sew easy tool or are they in stores? I was at HL and J's today, but didn't see it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Vallee

I ordered mine from the superstore here.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• californiaphoenix Said:
I've actually not used their floss. I use either regular thread & double it up a few times. Or just cross stitch thread. Not sure if it's any cheaper than theirs, but there are tons more colors! (Mine is all a hand me down, so I haven't had to go out & buy any yet.)

I used to be an avid cross stitcher, so I had lots of colors of the floss. It's pretty cheap, and it comes in many, many colors.

Back to the question, I have separated my strands like you do in cross stitch, but the majority of the time, I just leave it as is.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to flintridgescrapper

They are in stores. But not in M's or J's. Only the locally owned ones around here had them. Oh, and I do normally separate the cross stitch thread into half or a third.

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975

I got my Sew Easy from my LSS. Micheals doesn't carry it. I also use my own cross stitch floss, was cheaper to buy a big bag with many colours. When I did the scallop I used 4 strands, but I have also used 6 ( not separated ). I have a pic on my blog of the Kaisercraft photo cube I did, and I used the scallop stitch.

http://piperloo.blogspot.com/

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to danielle1975

I use the Bazzill floss from here.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Just G

I used crewell embroidery thread with good results.

tracishell
Expert
tracishell
In response to scrap4brains

I haven't actually used their floss yet, but it is virtually the same as DMC floss which I have used with my sew easy. I have used a double strand and did a back-stitch. Here's an example of mine:

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to tracishell

Okay, I haven't seen what the big deal is with stitching is, but...I love that.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to lisymarie

I use the Bazzill floss, but I don't separate it

I don't stitch as often as I'd like on my LOs (too lazy), but here's one of my faves

pure joy By Madmatter

tammyd119
Tenant
tammyd119
In response to madmatter

I do both, depending on the look I need. If I'm using a dark color that will show up, I might just used 2 or 3 strands. If I'm using a lighter color that could be thicker, I won't separate the floss. Sometimes I just want a thin line so I'll use two strands of the floss. Really, it just depends on the layout and the look I'm going for.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to tammyd119

I love the stitched look!!! Guess I will be ordering one of those today!

sb262
sb262 
Resident
sb262
  • sb262 on 02-17-11 06:27 AM
In response to Vallee

I have been itching to get this tool (one of several things on my wish list). Those LO's are beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics