Username Post: your favorate sizzix alphabet set?        (Topic#1553415)
New Kid On the Block

I bought a sizzix bigkick machine. A friend suggested that I will need to buy some alphabet sets. How many of alphabet sets do you have? What are your favorates? Do you know of any pretty alphabet sets with shadows?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dreamsailor

Cattycorner and Fruit Smoothie have great shadows. I don't own Cattycorner though. Would love to find that or Retro Metro or Round Table.

A lot of the earlier Sizzlit alphabet sets were designed with shadows to increase the diversity of the sets, but the letters are a bit smaller due to having four shapes per die.

My favorite Sizzix alphas are Sunset, Round-a-Bout, Fruit Smoothie, and Limelight. Those are 35-die Sizzlit sets. A 9-die set I like is Wallflower. There's also a cute (but pricey) alpha using Bigz Dies called Go Slim. Unfortunately, most of the Sizzix stuff I love best is no longer in production. The ones below were the only ones I could find here on sb.com. Ebay is sometimes good and the Sizzix Outlet online shop has quite a number of things still.

gscrapbooks
Expert
gscrapbooks
In response to dreamsailor

I have two favorite Sizzix alphabets, one is Chip Block and the other is Butterfly Kisses. Chip Block is a great size and is a tiny bit rustic. I love the Butterfly Kisses font because it's a steal rule die so you can cut thicker things like chipboard out of it, it's also a bit whimsical so I think it's a fun die.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to gscrapbooks

I love them all- I've got, um.....24 or so

rubymillerand
Idol
rubymillerand
In response to Seaexplore

I like the rat-a-tat alphabet.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to rubymillerand

I have lollipop. It's an old one but it's cute. No shadow though.

rubymillerand
Idol
rubymillerand
In response to sunrenay

this may sound silly, but whats the shadow part?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to rubymillerand

Some alphabets cut two copies of each letter, one of which is a shadow of the regular one. If you do a Google Image search for Sizzix Fruit Smoothie you'll see what I mean. I also used Fruit Smoothie at the bottom of this layout:

Desserts By Aquabunny

The brown shadows of the letters at the bottom are separate sections of the die. (In this case I tried to create the effect of frosted cookies with glossy textured white letters on matte brown shadows.)

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to aquabunny

"Fruit Smoothie" is my fave of the ones that have shadows. And "Girls are weird" is my next fave.

This is out of the ones I have, I only have about 8 or 10 fonts, so there may be better ones, I stopped buying them when I got my Cricut.

collageaddict
Veteran
collageaddict
In response to ChansGram

I have 67 sets ..I love , endless love for more elegant looking projects, I actually really love quite a few sets..And use them a lot. Even thought I have my E and the MTC I find myself using the sizzix fonts more. They are addictive to collect and use.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to collageaddict

OMG! 67? Really? I know what you mean about addictive. I only have 3 but I keep looking for more despite the fact that I rarely use titles on my LOs and don't make cards.

rubymillerand
Idol
rubymillerand
In response to sunrenay

that shadow effect looks cool

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to aquabunny

Great job on the layout !! I dont have this one i like it !!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics