Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Circle Cutter Help/Suggestions        (Topic#1553453)
Smashley
Idol
Smashley

Hello fellow scrappers! I currently have this Fiskars circle tool and I hate it. Pretty much it's the worst at cutting circles, and that's its only job!! So, what circle cutter would you recommend? I have a baby Cricut, so I can use that to cut circles up to 5.5 inches, but lately I've been needing 8 inch or bigger and I'm tired of using the Fiskars. It's just a LOT of work to cut a circle. Any suggestions would be great and thank you for taking some time to help me out.
Products Referenced in This Post:

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Smashley

I'm not just saying this as a consultant, Ashley, but because Creating Keepsakes gives us an award for it just about every year: The Creative Memories Custom Cutting System.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to moxiegirl23

I need a circle cutter too....shoulda got an Expression!! LOL

CreativeScrapper
New Kid On the Block
CreativeScrapper
In response to moxiegirl23

I agree! I think the Creative Memories Custom Cutting System is easy to use and gives you so many sizes of circles to choose from. Not to mention they have other shapes as well, and keep coming out with more. My fave!

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to CreativeScrapper

The Creative Memories is also my fave, especially since they added the large circle template.

The EK Success circle cutter is a close second, but I definitely prefer the CM circle cutter.

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to CreativeScrapper

Another vote for Creative Memories cutting system. They are the best!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to scrapinsmiles

I don't have a recommendation for one but I do have one to avoid... The We R memory Keepers magnetic mat I purchased came with a circle cutter and it is garbage. They made it look so easy on HSN but it is just awful. I love the mat and the rulers that came with it but the circle cutter sits in a drawer.

Edited by SarahWscraps on 02-18-11 02:35 PM. Reason for edit: spelling

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to SarahWscraps

I love my CM cutting system.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to corrie fan

My fav is a different type of Fiskars circle cutter....the Ultra Shape X-press.

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to Luvmyfam

another vote for Creative Memories circle cutter. The only fault I can find with it is that you can't adjust it to cut many different sizes. But, if you want a good stable cutter - CM is the way to go.
I also have the We R Memory Keepers magnetic mat and circle cutter and while I like how I can cut any size, it's really not user friendly! I end up moving my lines all the time and end up with uneven circles. With CM it's virtually fool proof.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to glensgirl

Half the time I can't even be bothered to use my expression for circles. I use plates Slap them on my cutting mat and go around with my craft knife and done!

They aren't perfect all the time, but I distress the edges and you can't tell

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Agh, yeah, I had an oval cutter similar to that Fiskars thing and I hated it. I like the EK Success Curvy Cutter system.

Thalia
Thalia 
Veteran
Thalia
In response to aquabunny

I have to agree with the CM circle cutting system too. I also bought the "Curvy Cutter" but I have problems using it and I am not very happy with it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Thalia

my favorite is coluzzle! They don't sell it here, but there is a larger circle template.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

Tenant
In response to Rosita

I love the CM cutters too.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to tpeavler

another fan of CM! they have a new larger template, I've been using tupperware tops!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to mjmone

cant find replacement blades for my curvy cutter ...

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to outsidechic

I too have the CM circle cutter system and like it pretty well. Have to look into the larger circle template though.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to KatieJo

Well, while I LIKE the CM system, I recently bought the new Martha Stewart LARGE circle system and I like it much better. It will cut almost any size circle in 1/8" increments. And it's very easy to use.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to dwelch

OOHHH Martha has a big one now? I will have to check it, I love the small one!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics