Page 1371 of 1371 
Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to CommaHolly

Good afternoon,

Nice to hear your having a good time Michelle, can't wait to see what layouts you create about your trip when you get home.

Holly I get tired just reading about what you have been doing (lol). Glad Maddie had a blast at Disney. I get the feeling that child has been through quite a bit.

Mandi hope Matt and his Dad were able to get your car fixed.

Kim how nice that would be for Jacob if his friend moved to your subdivision and wow McKenna is making friends and having fun, really super even if your spending lots of time driving the girls around.

Hopefully we get some rain tonight, we are over 7" behind right now. It does look like by Friday it will start turning much cooler, I am ready.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to OnlyJane

Good morning,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to OnlyJane

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!

omgosh, I had to walk all over about 7 or 8 hotels yesterday,,,,yeshk.

I was hurting and exhausted by the time I got home last night,,,,I do believe I was sleeping by 9:30pm.

thank God the rest of the week is normal training,,,,,,next week we hit the phones!!!! They will let us do the phones for a week, I believe,,,,then we hit the classroom again to learn the extra stuff we need to deal with travel agents. That lasts 1-2 weeks,,,,,and then we are on the phones for good.

I know I will be fine, but I'm scared to death

Jane, love, I will send you some rain,,,,,,we got 5 inches in an hour the other day,,,,,I am SICK of rain,,,,,all it does is RAIN here this summer

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi Holly,

Wow, not much longer until you will be on the phones for good, I know you will do fine! Yes, please send some rain our way...however once it starts raining it will keep doing it for awhile and we will be saying "stop", never satisfied (lol).

Got the dental jitters again, have to have some patch work as the dentist calls it on a few bottom teeth at 1:00 pm - ugh, oh well.

Have a good day and hi to everyone!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

We are home got home last night. Car is fixed Matt and his brother fixed my car within an hr. I was thrilled. BUT before we even left to go to his parents my garage door wouldn't open the cable snapped in half. we got it shut and called landlord no answer left message came home had to open it and close it then today now it has to stay open for good until its fixed. Landlord not returning our phone call either. Went and got he alignement done on my car this morning. All was well when I got back home but I still hate leaving the door wide open and no ones home.

Holly glad Maddie had a great time at Disney. I;m sure you will do great on the phones.

Kim you are busy busy yourself. How exciting if the friend moves across the street. Hope the 3 girls had a blast together.

Michelle your pics on FB are just beautiful been stacking you HAHA.

In laws was fine alittle drama mostly with matts uncle. Seen sil and bil but nothing major. Made plans to go there for thanksgiving again and we wont be doing Christmas there. WORKS for me.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Briannasmom

Hello!

Holly, so glad Maddie enjoyed Disney. I'm sure it was pretty cool to see it all through her eyes. You are going to fine on the phones, I have no doubt.

Jane, we've actually had a lot of rain and more off and on today and tomorrow. I hate the dentist... it is just a freak out show for me. Hope they can get it all done in one trip so you don't have it hanging over your head.

Mandi, glad your car is fixed! And great that you don't have to make plans to travel for Christmas! It's always a good trip when you have no drama.

This weekend flew by! Goodness. We had the deck stained and looks awesome! It was nice that we didn't have to mess with it. Martin is gone this week. Went back for more training.

This morning I had, what they call interactive teacher conferences, with Jacob and his teachers. I just feel like I might as well bang my head against a wall... their grading here is 1,2,3,4... 4 being above grade level and rarely given out. Three is proficient and on grade level work, 2 is getting there... etc. His report card was all 3s and one 2 that I'm not worried about. The kids have to put a sampling of their work together in a binder and then explain why they wanted the parents to see it and then we all make goals for the next semester and track in. He is in danger of failing!!!!!!! Not because of his grades, but because he refuses to do that work. He is in 5th grade now. He is reading at a beginning 6th grade level, his comprehension is beginning 6th grade level, his writing is at 6th grade level, his math, while he struggles, is at grade level... but he doesn't do the work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! His teachers told him today that he could be a 3/4 student and be in AP classes if he just applied himself, instead he is in danger of not passing!!!!!!!! Someone PLEASE tell me how to help a kid like this! I have one child who tries soooooo hard and can't add and subtract and can't read on grade level and I have 1 kid who could be ABOVE grade level but just doesn't care enough to apply himself. I am beyond frustrated.

Michelle, you've convinced me, I want to go to Scotland now. Your photos are just wonderful

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 09-29-14 09:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Scrapingbliss

Been a long day, Bob left this morning as usual and I had the dental appointment which was long, only because the dentist had to stop off and on and do the exam on those who had their teeth cleaned, etc.

Mandi so glad your car was fixed, bet your happy. Sorry about the garage door and boo to your landlord who seems to be avoiding you, not nice of him. I wouldn't like the door left open either.

Kim I wish I had some advice to give you with Jacob, do you think that his classes are boring to him, that he really needs more challenges? It is really hard to know how to deal with making him realize that the work has to be done regardless. I know it has to be frustrating to you. Hang in there.

I tend to stay up later when Bob is gone but then it is hard to get up the next morning

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to OnlyJane

Hi....Remember me.. Lisa...Mini???I finally have somedown time and not doing card s..I've got just Christmas left to do...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to miniscraper

Good morning!!!!!

the only suggestion I have for you, Kim, is to start a "poker chip" reward program for him,,,,,it's the only thing that actually worked for my son,,,,,,

you buy a box of poker chips,,,different colors can be worth different amounts of chips,,,,,,so he can trade 5 of his red chips for a single blue chip that is worth 5 red chips, for example.

I'd start out with 4 or 5 behaviors you want to improve,,,,

doing homework might be really hard for him so it earns him 5 chips. Making his bed might be really EASY, so it's only one chip,,,,,

then decide on some rewards,,,,,,be careful, because you don't want him to earn so many chips every day that you end up spending the bank every week,,,,,,

like,,,,,,going to McDonalds might be 20 chips,,,,,

watching an hour of TV might be 2 chips,,,,,

Ideally, he earns enough chips every day to do some fun every day stuff,,,,and save some for weekend fun,,,,

of course, at first, you want him to have fun and really LOVE earning chips, so you give them out for everything,,,,,

"Oh you were kind to your sister, here's a chip!" they learn the value really fast!

Later you take chips AWAY,,,,you didn't do your homework, you have to pay ME 2 chips. But don't do that at first,,,,,you want him to love this,,,,,not hate it.

You can also make it so that a good note from the teacher at the end of the day earns him chips,,,,,

it sounds complicated, but it's really not,,,,setting it up so that the balance is right is the tricky part.

Here's an article I found, and of course, you can arrange things so they suit YOUR family,,,,,the article is talking about aspergers kids, but it works for most kids with difficulty staying focused.

anyway, it's a thought.

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2011/04/behavior-modi fi...

slept awesome last night,,,,,,like a log!!!

Michelle should be home soon!!!! I miss her!!!!!

I want to make a card, darnitall! this weekend, I am STAYING HOME,,,,,,no disney (Unless it's just me and Jaime for a couple hours), no nothing,,,,,,,just some housework, laundry, floor mopping ( ) and some CARD MAKING! woot!

Hi Mini! LTNS! glad you have some down time!

Mandi, glad the car is fixed! My new car is having problems with the back window,,,,,yeshk, so it's going in Thursday to be fixed,,,,,,

Jane, UGH on the teeth! why couldn't God make teeth that DON'T get cavities?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Holly my car has a mind of its own the passenger side window wont go down from the driver side only the passenger side. We just call my car stubborn just like me lol Hope you are able to get some card making in this weekend.

Jane I feel for you. I hate the dentist. Even just the cleanings kill my teeth. super sensitive.

Hi Mini

Kim maybe he just isn't challenged enough. Matt had that problem growing up and we are finding at times Brianna is the same way. The poker chips sounds like a good idea. we did something similar with Brianna. We've slacked since summer. Thinking of maybe doing it back up.

Matt got ahold of landlord and said he will get in touch with someone we will see when. AND to top all this bad luck we are having the state is coming after us from 2010 apparently we owe close to 700 bucks. Matt said he will sit down and figure it out. They are claiming we made money we didn't claim. That was the yr Brooke was born and I was on bedrest most of the yr with her so I didn't work and only he worked and went to school. He is thinking they are counting a few student loans that we had to take out extra to pay for his books since I was not able to work. Just dumb.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Briannasmom

Good afternoon,

It was foggy as can be this morning, strange because we have had no rain so you would think with it so dry there would be no moisture.

Did errands, what else would it be, right, anyway went to Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Kroger, boring but necessary,

Mandi glad the landlord responded finally, now hoepfully your door will be fixed soon. Speaking of cars my vehicle's rear view mirror fell off, Bob got it glued back on Sunday. It was a pain driving w/o for the week but I have great side mirrors that allows me to see good.

Holly I hope you get a quiet time for your days off and can make some cards, etc., or just relax some.

Hi Mini, glad you have some time to chat on here. How is your weather, getting cold yet or still on the warm side?

Page 1371 of 1371 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics