Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to melissadam

Happy Thanksgiving, Mini! Your dinner sounds delish! OMGoodness, I can't believe we are talking about Thanksgiving already!

Kids are home today, parent teacher conferences. I have DS's at 10:30. Hopefully it will be a positive one. He has been bringing home some really good grades so far and his progress report was all As and 1 B. I don't think his teacher last year was very...how do I say this, she was nice but maybe she wasn't that engaged...she is not teaching this year...I don't know...we'll see how this goes today.

Michelle, it's wonderful you have Adam home! Fixing something fun for dinner?

I really wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend but it's suppose to be 89 degrees Saturday and Sunday!!! Hard to find that fun fall spirit when it's that bloomin' hot.

Thanks for continuing to vote, everyone, I know it's kinda dragging out but Thursday is the last day. I'm almost to 400 likes, I don't know if the equates to votes or not but I like seeing that...it's actually 367 so sorta close to 400.

More writing today. Not very productive yesterday so I need to make up for it today.

Jane, what is your weather like today? We are cool right now and high of 74 and then the rest of the week it just gets hotter and hotter. DH is left for NYC this morning. They are having a Leadership Conference. It' nice today but I think it gets pretty cold the rest of the time he is there.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Scrapingbliss

Michelle thats awesome he is home for dinner whats for dinner then at yoru house

Kim I understand cant really get into fall spirit when its that hot what a bummer. hope you have a good day writing and ds's parent conference goes well.

its pretty cold here too today said it was suppose to get up to 66 but right now i dont believe it. its cold and gloomy right now

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Briannasmom

fairly productive morning cleaning and scrapping ....dinner is started ....country ribs in the crock pot.....now Im headed to the pantry

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Yipeeeee!!! The conference was the best we've ever had!! Both teachers were VERY complimentary on his manners, his participation in class. His grades are awesome, his reading is right where it needs to be. Math, SS and Sci are excellent, A+ for both SS and SCI and A for Math, reading, language arts. Minor behavior issues but nothing to signal more than 8 year old boy behavior. (Mostly annoying one little girl in particular, mmmmm) I need to celebrate!!!!!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon everyone!

Cold and dreary again today with rain - 49. Turned on the heat and even had the gas logs on downstairs for awhile and it is only the start of October!!! Suppose to be cool all week with rain off and on.

Kim so nice that ds has been doing so well in school. Makes you feel good doesn't it!!

Michelle your dinner sounds good and how nice Adam will be there too!!!!!!!

Mandi how nice of Matt to bring home food for you when finished with work!

Mini Happy Thanksgiving day to you!

Think we will have Chinese for dinner as Bob is off today. So far he has hung a picture for me.

Hi Cris, Tante and Holly.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Kim thats awesome news yes celebrate!!!

Michelle your dinner sounds amazing!!!

dinner here is bacon and eggs

happy thanksgiving Mini!!

managed to get a few lads of laundry washed thats about it.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

kim Im doing the happy dance for you!

jane glad bobs getting so much done for you!

mandi I love breakfast for dinner! I bought stuff to make egg mcmuffins this week!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

Thanks everyone for the Thanksgiving wishes..

Hope everyone is doing well..

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to miniscraper

where is holly????????

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Glad everyone had a good day and thanks. DS is pretty happy with his performance at school.

I have been writing, rewriting and polishing all day. My head is killing me and my neck hurts. I may try going to bed when DD goes tonight. Doggie will just have to cross his legs until morning. LOL

Not sure where Holly went. She was here the other day.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi everyone!

sorry about your head and neck kim.. i bet some sleep will help! have you any idea of how many votes you have? last time i seen the facebook likes it was over 300..which is awesome!! i went and looked at a few of the next stories after yours.. hardly any likes at all! man..i am really pulling for ya!

michelle.. how was your dinner tonight? how long is adam staying?

hi mini..happy thanksgiving!

hi tante, hi jane, hi mandi, hi holly!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nuskrappa

I've been holding at 368 likes most of the day. I don't know if that translates into votes or not. It would be nice if it did. Thank you for all your kind words and your encouragement, Cris. I'm afraid everyone will get busy and forget, but then again, I've said it was in God's hand His will be done. I've searched trying to see where others stand, I'm sure I haven't seen all 700 entries but I would say pretty close. I found one with 5,400 likes! I didn't enjoy the story, but that's just me it's a Historical and I'm not a big fan of those. She has been a twitter user for some time I guess and has over 700 followers so I'm sure that helps.

Then I found one with a little over 1,000 likes. The rest are much lower than mine. There has to be some between my 368 and the one with a 1.000 but I haven't found them yet.

I'm off to bed. I'll talk to you all in the morning.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

nite kim! feel better

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good morning .....today is the last day of adams conference so he will be going home ......was sooooo nice having him here!

I will be cleaning house today, finishing laundry and hopefully some scrapping as well!

kim I hope a good nights sleep helped your aches! ....Ive been voting right along and really hope you win!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning! Yes a good nights sleep and I feel right as rain.

Thank you for voting, Michelle!! I've made my peace with what ever the out come is. If I don't actually win the contest but still have high votes that can attract the editors attention. They said last year they picked up 6 new authors who didn't final in the contest but caught their eye. I will be thrilled with that as well. So thank you for voting and supporting me.

I think I'm the ONLY Texan who didn't watch the football game last night! My goodness that's all anyone is talking about!! I was protesting as they took off my one night of TV that enjoy to show the game...

Hope you get some scrap time today. I'm going to fold clothes and get that done. It's a bit overwhelming! I have 3 baskets to fold.

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 10-09-12 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Hi,

Still waiting for the sun to come out! It is 50 at the moment.

It is hard when the weather changes like this and you have to start wearing warmer clothes, can't decide what to wear with what (lol). Did go to JCP's today and bought a pair of shoes (Clarks) black with a heel, looks good with slacks and they feel comfy.

Kim I vote for you every day and hope you win! I can't wait to read more........

Michelle sorry it is time for Adam to head back, but with the holidays coming up no doubt he will be home more....

Bob went back on site today and will be gone until Thursday afternoon. He did get a few things accomplished for me, not as much as I would have liked, but will take what he did without complaints (lol).

I need to wash all the sheets, etc., on the bed today, another one of those necessary jobs, plus need to finish dusting (ugh).

Off to take Benji out and find something to eat for lunch.

Hi Cris, Mandi, Mini, Tante and Holly.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Michelle hope you are able to get some scrapping done today!! sorry its time for Adam to leave BUT like Jane said holidays are coming up!!!

Kim I hope you win as well.

sun just came out but pretty cold and windy. havent accomplished much oh well

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

no scrapping ....not really in the mood .....but I did clean the kitchen and scrub the microwave (why do I let it get so bad????), finished the laundry, vacuumed and shampooed the carpet (another doggie accident UGH)

nice day here .....sunny and 60

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Howdy. Jane, thanks for all the voting! I appreciate the support and I'm now at 420!!!

For the record I do know the difference between piece and peace, you just wouldn't know it from my post this morning.

Michelle, sounds like you were busy this today. Hope you're having a good night.

Our weather is a roller coaster right now. We are on the up swing into the high 80s. I hate it.

One day of karate down, one soccer practice and one more karate to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and sleeps good.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm so happy for your great parent-teacher conference, Kim!

Well, my test the other day showed "irregularities" and narrowing in the tube connecting one of my kidneys to the bladder. It may be the cause or the effect of my frequent bladder infections. When he does the cystoscope on Nov. 5 he'll do another picture and will have more info for me.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics