Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to johnsusan8

good morning ..... housework and pantry today ....mil goes to doc for results of biopsy

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to melissadam

Tante I hope when you go in on the 5th its nothing major. good luck!!!

Michelle wow you did alot yesterday!!! I;ve been wanting a steam cleaner...hope the pantry isnt to crazy today. keep us updated on mil hugs and prayers to you and your fam.

yesterday i was able to pick up a bit around the house vacuum clean up the scrappy room cleaned my cricut mat and it ripped in half errr ok i was pretty bummed still pretty new mat oh well. and i got to scrap

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Briannasmom

Hi, girls! Michelle, have fun today and I hope there is good new with your MIL.

Mandi, you were also a busy girl yesterday! Good job. I am just doing the minimum around here and I'm afraid things are getting out of hand. Washing clothes, keep the kitchen clean and run the vacuum once a week. Once this week is over and I find out if I won or not I can go back to a reasonable schedule again and I'm calling someone to come clean the house every other week. It will help me focus on my writing better and not feel guilty.

Tante, I hope everything turns out okay with your new testing.

Once again thank you all for voting, I am at 455 likes, again not sure what that means but it makes me SMILE!!!! The last day to vote is tomorrow night, I think 9 PM Eastern time.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, enjoy your fall weather...today is going to be about 85, tomorrow will be about 88 and by Friday, Saturday and Sunday they are calling for 90!!!!! How can I go pumpkin patching with that kind of weather?

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Scrapingbliss

Hi,

The sun is trying to come out, it has been just plain dreary and damp feeling for days now!

Had a bunch of errands to accomplish today so decided that I would stay out until they were all done so nothing spills into tomorrow!

Mandi boo on your cricut mat tearing. Wonder if it was defective.

Michelle enjoy working at the pantry today and hope your mil gets good news regarding her biopsy.

Tante when do you have your other bladder test? Do they put you to sleep for this one?

Kim by living here in Tn. we get to experience all the seasons, although the last few winters have been unusually mild. I know growing up in Florida you never really appreciated seasons. The trees are starting to turn now, plus many are losing their leaves.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to OnlyJane

Jane glad you were able to get all your errands done! I hate that damp feeling

that was my thought too that my mat was defective. my next mat better not do the same thing. my first mat lasted me a yr and it was pretty bad towards the end this one not even a month.

was just informed mil is wanting to keep brooke all next week not sure how i feel about the whole thing yet. i can really knock some stuff off my list but at he same time i hate to see her go...

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I know what you mean, Mandi. It would help you catch up, but babies stay little for such a short time.

Michelle, I hope your mil's biopsy results are good.

Jane, my test will be on Nov. 5, and I will be under for it.

I'm going to see Bennett today, so that shoud cheer me up! lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

well the biopsy says lung cancer ....she says she wants to fight ....they are putting her in the hospital for another biopsy (no clue why) and to put on a port .....said she will be in hosp for "a while" .....thats the best news as it seems every day there is an incident at their house (one or the other of them falling!)

now the mel update .....I went to pantry and when I was done I decided to check on her ....as soon as I walked in the computer lab I could tell she was sick (flush cheeks and bloodshot eyes) ....checked her temp w/the mom thermometer(kiss on forehead)and she was burning up! .....convinced her to go home (with the help of the principal) .....her temp was 99.5 after going out in the cold to go home (normal for her is just over 97) .....got some tylenol in her and tucked her into bed! .....told her to keep taking temp and if it goes over 100 we're going to hosp! .... because of the steroids she has no immunity and cant really fight this!

tante I hope your test goes well!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Michelle sorry to hear Mel isn't feeling well. Hope she gets over this quickly! Like you said with her being on steriods she has to take extra care of herself!

Sorry about what the biopsy showed for mil. Glad she has decided to go along with what the plans for treatment will be.

Take extra care of yourself with all that is going on right now.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

thanks jane!

the 2nd biopsy is of the 10cm mass between kidney and spleen to determine if she actually has 2 dif kinds of cancer .....the last biopsy was of one of the spots in her lung I guess .....but her sis is coming from TN on sat for at least 3 weeks.....that will help a lot since mil will need lots of help as well as fil really shouldnt be left alone .....also aunt jeannie has cared for her father & husband during cancer treatment so she knows what to expect and how to deal

mil is down to 95 lbs! ....shes a tiny woman (barely 5 ft) but still has lost about 35 or 40 lbs in a short period of time!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I'm so sorry Mel is sick. I hope she can avoid something worse.

I'm sorry about your mil's results. I hope she only has one type, that it hasn't metasthesized (sp?). I'm glad her sister is able to help.

Bennett was so cute tonight. He gave me so many kisses and waved bye-bye and gave us all grins. I bought him LSU slippers and he ran around in them for a while.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning!

Michelle how is Mel doing this morning? I hope she is doing better. I'm very sorry about your mil's results, I hope what she has is treatable and she really is ready to fight.

DH came home from NYC at 1:30, woke me up, full of talk, of course I couldn't go back to bed and there I laid, staring at the TV until 2:30...now I have to be up with the kids and he is still sleeping!!!

One more day voting and you guys get to quit seeing me talk about it. I think it ends at 9 PM tonight. I think I may have to go buy a new computer. This one is 4 years old and it's a MAC and I always heard they had a longer life span but it's messing up bad. I'm terrified I'm going to lose everything I've written. I emailed a copy of my manuscript the other day since I don't have a memory stick to back it all up. But last night it crashed and it wouldn't come back. It's back this morning and it saved everything but my pages are all messed up and I don't know how to fix it. So frustrating.

Tante, I'm glad you had a good time with Bennett! I how cute he loved his little slippers.

90 degrees here today!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Scrapingbliss

good morning ....frost on the ground this morning but supposed to get to 60 .....grocery shopping today

mels fever broke last night ......she slept through the night and feels much better .......she is going to work today but promised to take it easy

sorry about your computer kim! glad you thought to email your manuscript!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Michelle I;m so glad to hear Mel is doing better this morning and will take it easy today!! sorry to hear about the results with mil I hope she is ready to fight and it is curable!! hang in there hun

Kim sorry to hear abotu the computer issues and your writing being all messed up now. glad you were able to email it so you didnt completly lose everything. good luck!!

Tante bennett sounds like a cutie for sure!!

I think I;ve decided to have brooke stay home with me. with everything that happened with mils letter and what not i;m just not comfortable with her staying with mil and i know that is probably horrible to say. she will have the girls this weekend for the zoo halloween fun and then next weekend cause matt is on call thats plenty of time with mil. do ya'll think i;m being to harsh

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

mandi considering everything thats been done and said w/mil lately I dont think youre being harsh at all .....and besides she is lucky to get as much time w/your girls as she does! .....its nice that she helps out but she is a menace IMO ......now when reading my comments please take into consideration that Im pretty b1tchy myself lately

Im taking mel lunch so I can check on her .....but since she didnt give me a hard time about it Im pretty sure shes doing fine

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

glad to hear she didnt give you a hard time about going out to lunch hope you both enjoy it!!

and thank you for your opinion. I greatly appreciate it. I think she spends way to much time with them matt sees otherwise. with matt being on call though every 3 wks we have no choice he needs to focus on work but yeah other wise i prefer them not to go so much. i get to see mil ALOT this month UGH and sil the end of the month for Brooke's party double UGH.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good afternoon,

Finally sunshine and beautiful bright blue sky. May hit 60 before day's end.

Michelle so glad Mel is feeling better and no fever!

Mandi follow your heart about leaving Brooke with mil. Do what you feel is best, they are your girls.

Kim glad you mailed yourself your manuscript. Computer crashes are never any fun especially with important documents and photos on the hard drive.

Tante that must have been so cute to see Bennett with the little slippers on.

I could use a nap, got up early this morning (6 instead of 7) as had an appointment for hair color at 9.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

mel is feeling and looking much better today!

went to grocery and got RX refill while I was out ....cleaned the kitchen ....did another load of laundry

forgot to say yesterday I will only be going to pantry on mon from now on as yesterday I trained 2 more volunteers who will be working on wed ....Im glad we have more people who want to help and I know sister ann was afraid I was stretching myself too far but it still felt "funny" to have to give up one of my days kwim?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

howdy!

michelle..im so happy to hear mel is feeling better..that is wonderful news! im sorry about your mil. im saying a prayer for her and the family.

hi kim.. i went to try to vote again a little bit ago and no red vote button and your facebook likes were at zero. does that mean the voting is over now?? last i seen was around 470 likes. yahoooooo!! im keeping fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you!

hi mandi! im with michelle on the mil situation. i dont think you are being too harsh either. and she is really lucky to spend as much time as she does with the grandkids.

hi jane! hi tante! hi mini! hi holly!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to nuskrappa

I have no sympathy for your mil, Mandi. I bend over backwards to keep from saying anything my girls or their husbands could misconstrue as trying to tell them what to do. My mom did that to me and it drove me crazy. We get along beautifully and I love our relationship.

Kim, I voted one last time! I hope you win the contest, or get picked up by a publisher.

We finished paying for our car. Right before Christmas season starts is a great time to do that.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning.

Yes, Cris, voting ended last night, thank you all for supporting me and voting. Now I sit on pins and needles. They originally said they would contact the finalists on the 12th so I figured I would know by the end of the day. Now they are saying the 13th and they are not announcing the total list until the 22nd. On the one hand I would love to get that call or email today...but I know that I will not have a finished MS. So I have mixed emotions. Bottom line....I can't focus today!!!!

Tante, congrats on paying off the car!! We just have the one car payment and I can't wait until it's gone!

Mandi, I agree with everyone else, you MIL sounds like an unpleasant woman and I wouldn't want my girls spending so much time with her either. I agree with Tante, she needs to stay out of your marriage.

Glad Mel recovered so quickly. Hopefully she will take it easy and not relapse.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics