Username Post: MC group        (Topic#1553455)
nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to OnlyJane

hi jane! what did ya have for supper? i made a big salad and just had that. it was yummy.. green peppers, green onions, tomato, cucumber, black olives. and i used balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

it is so humid in my house. we are having a thumderstorm right now and its cool and humid out there.. but i turned the ac on hoping to get the muggy out of here. lol

i think i am done with making cards for awhile. gonna clean up my area and see what else i can get into. lol

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to nuskrappa

good morning ...another gloomy cool day here .....at least the rain seems to have stopped (rained all day yesterday) ......we stayed up til 1 watching the tigers win ....Im thinking maybe some christmas shopping today and maybe I can get bob to find something for his bday (oct 30) .......hes so hard to shop for UGH!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to melissadam

Michelle good luck finding something for Bob. matts the same way and when i ask him he says nothing adn then decides a week BEFORE he needs something

I did make stick pins its for a pal swap i'm in due the end of the month. i think they turned out really cute. you can use them on cards or layouts altered projects minis.

Cris and Jane remodeling doesnt sound like fun BUT i would love the end results lol. Jane and I;m with ya projects in my house take FOREVER.

time to get ready for work

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Briannasmom

Good morning! Yesterday was another busy day. DS's soccer game was at 9 so we started early. During warms a ball was kicked right into his face, hard. But he took it well, brushed off and had a great game. Scored another awesome goal.

Then I went boot shopping. I love boots. But as I've gotten older and gained weight my well endowed calves have become, ummm, well, rather large and boots don't fit as well. But darn it they are so cute this year. So I pulled the kids to three different stores until I found a pair I could live with. Then Trader Joe shopping and then went to see how my parents ove was going, helped there. Late dinner and then fell asleep.

Today it's raining, gloomy and muggy. But suppose to clear up later.

It's going to be Monday until we find out the finalist in the writing contest. They were going to contact them Friday, but they wanted to confirm that no rules were broken and there was no vote tampering.

So I've been trying to keep myself busy.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Scrapingbliss

Michelle, hope all is well with you and your family. Have fun Christmas shopping. I may start mine this week as well. Unlike previous years I know exactly what I'm getting the kids so I might as well start now.

Cris, sounds like you are making a great impression at work! Good for you. Sounds like a fun new job task. Training people was one of the favorite parts of my job.

Remodeling, I can't wait to put in the new hardwoods, we keep pushing it back. Now it will early next year. And I really can't wait to redo our bath. I will be inconvenienced for a while for that.

Anyone heard from Holly? I know she leaves for vacation soon but I haven't seen her around here.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

hi everyone!

kim, i am on pins and needles waiting for the results!! i cant wait. i am so excited for you!

the sun is shining bright today! i have some windows open and the fresh air is so..well.. refreshing. lol

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to nuskrappa

Good afternoon,

Windy today with periods of sun and clouds. May have rain this evening.

Michelle hope Bob gives you some ideas for his b-day. My Bob is also extremely hard to buy for. The boys get so frustrated trying to come up with things that they have finally resorted to gift cards to Home Depot, favorite eateries, etc.

Kim bet your on pins and needles waiting to hear about your book writing! I hope you win!!!! Glad you found some boots. I bought a pair from Kohls last month that looked good and felt good on my feet.

Hi Mandi, hope work goes by fast for you and no creppies show up!!!!

Hi Cris, what did you find to do today? Your salad for dinner yesterday sounded really good.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

today is national dessert day .....everyone make sure and celebrate!

we went to hospital to visit w/mil for a bit ....they are starting her treatment today .....they dont think the cancer originated in her lungs so they have decided on a treatment that is not chemo but we dont know any details as mil was alone when they told her and doesnt ask questions

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

ok the drug is called temsirolimus .....it is for "advanced renal cancer" .....still havent actually talked to a doc but the nurse gave this info to bil .....looking it up online I see the side effects list is quite long but no hair loss ......so we shall see ......please pray

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

now they arent doing treatment until tomorrow afternoon because hosp doesnt have the meds ......seriously?

dinner is steak and twice baked potatoes

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Michelle prayers going up for your mil.

I heard awhile back that there were shortages of certain drugs used in treatment of cancer. Some manufacturers weren't making some of the brands right now. Sure hope this won't be a problem.

Still waiting for the rain, and it is still windy as can be.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to OnlyJane

good morning .....its mon so that means laundry, strip the bed, vacuum & pantry .....bob is home today (using up some vaca days) so who knows what will actually get done

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good morning. Today is the day...I'm once again restless and anxious. They just need to announce so we get our answer and can move on.

Hope you have fun today, Michelle. Did you get your Christmas shopping started? Once I find out the details of the contest I would like to get some Christmas cards made.

I didn't return the Ebosser, so I have no one to complain about but me. They were doing pretty good getting back to me, although they kept telling me to do the same thing. Then I got wrapped up in the writing and forgot to take it to the post office. Now I'm stuck with it. The good news is it cuts really well, not that I figured out what sandwich to make for it. The embossing folders are gorgeous in it. The main issue is not getting a consistent emboss on the nesties and the spellbinders and the sizzix. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Oh well.

I think I would like to start Christmas shopping this week as well. We are getting DD a nice camera. We've bought her several of the really inexpensive digital ones but they keep freezing. She loves photography and takes some nice pictures. So that is her big gift. I'm looking for a good one at around 180/200. I don't think she is ready for anything more than that.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm looking at the clock every two minutes. The offices open at 9 EST and they should start contacting people pretty quickly. They've had weekend to figure out who is the finalist and who is going to send the emails and such.

Michelle, I hope they get the drug for your MIL and they can get her started. I also hope she has a good response to the drug and it begins to work quickly.

Cris, don't sit too long on those needles, today. I don't, I keep getting up and walking around.

Fingers crossed and prayers!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

hi kim .....Ive been thinking about you since i got up this morning .....hopefully you will hear any second now as its 9:12 here

I actually started my christmas shopping in aug (late for me) and am almost done w/adam and have quite a bit for mel .....we were shopping for a sound bar for adams TV for his big gift .....I cant believe the range in price on those things! ....and bob was absolutely NO help w/bday ideas for himself!

laundry is started & dishwasher is started ....moving along ......but bob is up now so we'll see

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Haven't heard yet. To the best of my knowledge no one has. Been on Twitter for the last 45 min and everyone is going nuts!!

If I start my shopping this week, it will be the earliest I've ever shopped!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

UGH waiting is soooooo difficult!

another gloomy day here

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

i hate teh waiting game!!! i waiting on news too!!! been thinking of you Kim

the gifts sound awesome for everyone.

i gotta dig thru my gift box to figure out what else i need to get as far as gifts go. i;m in b-day mode atm though. tmorrow running to walmart to get Brooke a big girl car seat so we can have one in each vehicle. one is set up in the truck now we need to van.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Briannasmom

Good afternoon,

Mostly sunny but still windy!

Goodness I don't feel too bad that I already have 4 Christmas gifts purchased and wrapped!! Better tag them though before I forget who they are for

Bob asked me last night if I wanted to go to Disney at the beginning of December, sure didn't say "no", guess that will be when the workload slows down for awhile.

Michelle enjoy your day with Bob being home - got a honey do list for him?

Kim thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

Hi Mandi it does make it easier to have a car seat in each vehicle. Does Brianna still have to sit on a booster seat or is she big enough not to have to do this?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to OnlyJane

hello!

im home today.. scheduled a day off..mental health..cause im mental ya know. lol anyways..

kim..got all my fingers and toes crossed for ya!!

hi jane! disney?? yahoo!!

hi mandi! i think i need one of those gift boxes.. lol i havent done any shopping yet. uggh!

hi michelle..what did you and bob wind up doing today?

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to nuskrappa

oh i finally uploaded some layouts that ive done. lol imma slacker! lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics