Username Post: what does everyone do with 3-D pages?        (Topic#1553641)
tigerfish
New Kid On the Block
tigerfish

Okay, I've seen so many 3-D pages....layers upon layers and they're beautiful, but I can't imagine they fit in an album. Won't is get "squished" if it's put in there? I need ideas.....

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to tigerfish

I love dimension on my pages, so I use D-ring albums ... that way the LOs have a little more room

Some of the really thick LOs go in shadow boxes as opposed to scrapbooks

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

eh, generally don't have a problem If I use the really 3 dimensional flowers like silk flowers not meant for scrapping, then it must go into a shadowbox,,,,

but most of the stuff meant for scrapping, the roses, etc, are just fine,,,,,use a D ring album and store standing up, and they're just fine

Cricket1982
Idol
Cricket1982
In response to CommaHolly

I use the D ring album also. You can buy the page protectors that goes in the album and it work really well.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Cricket1982

If you can't get it into a 12 x12 page protector you may have to take a sliver off each side to make room. So your layout would be 12x 11 and 5/8, for example.

ehammann
Veteran
ehammann
In response to tigerfish

I make a lot of bulky pages, and the best way, like others have said is to use a D-Ring album. I buy the ones from American Crafts, along with their protectors. I found that the post bound albums were not cutting it for me and my bulky layouts!

Here are the ones that I buy... as you can see, they come in all different colors and sizes. Store them upright and you are fine!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
If you can't get it into a 12 x12 page protector you may have to take a sliver off each side to make room. So your layout would be 12x 11 and 5/8, for example.

I do this with EVERY LO before I start. There's nothing worse than completing a beautiful (and bulky!) LO and THEN finding out it doesn't fit in the page protector!
Also agree-- go with D rings.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics