Username Post: Hello everyone!        (Topic#1553711)
Debinmo64
New Kid On the Block
Debinmo64

Ok I posted in the beginners section, but I guess I need to post here as I am completely new to all of this scrapbooking stuff. I am 46 years old and live in Branson Mo with my wonderful fiance and our two four legged children, Cody & Alaska (Maltese) We are getting married January 8, 2012 and I wanted to start a scrapbook of our journey over the next year. I am a very creative person, but am kind of clueless about this scrapbooking process. I have the paper haha got it on clearence at Micheals and that is about it! I have enjoyed toodling around the site and watching videos. I love peoples scrapbook rooms as well! So I am guess this is a highly addictive hobby. Oh boy....I think I am in trouble here! I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from the pros!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Debinmo64

Howdy! You definitely came to the right place to learn about scrapbooking. Not only are there tutorials, tons of los to look at and scrap rooms to browse - there are also tons of really nice and helpful people. Welcome!

Debinmo64
New Kid On the Block
Debinmo64
In response to mrsmiller

Awww ty so much! I have had fun looking at everything and getting some great ideas1 My cousin's are into scrapbooking and I have emailed them too lol...I have no clue where to start. I guess with basic supplies...which I have no idea what they would be?

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Debinmo64

A paper trimmer.
Acid free adhesive of your choice.
Solid colored cardstock.
Patterned paper to support your pics or theme.
Imagination or inspiration - try to copy or "scraplift" a lo that you like.

Debinmo64
New Kid On the Block
Debinmo64
In response to mrsmiller

ok so what exactly is cardstock? And what is it used for? And what does scraplift mean? Told you I am clueless.....

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Debinmo64

Scraplifting is when you copy another person's lo (lo=layout). Cardstock is thick paper, usually used as a foundation for the lo.

I've attached some examples for you below:

Debinmo64
New Kid On the Block
Debinmo64
In response to mrsmiller

ok I get it so what is all this other paper for that I just bought? I thought that is what you used for the actual scrapbook pages....

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Debinmo64

I think you should check out the gallery, third tab from the left and it should answer your questions. If you need more help, try some tutorials. Good luck.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrap4brains

Is there a local scrap store in your area? or, does the Michael's near you run classes, basica classes with other beginners are really helpful. Other than that I highly recommend browing through the gallery every day and you will see how many different styles of scrapping there are and you will choose what feels right for you.

Debinmo64
New Kid On the Block
Debinmo64
In response to slywalker

I found a scrapbooking store here in Branson called Scrapbooks Forever. I called and they will start having classes as they are under new ownership! So I am excited! Thanks so much ladies

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics