Username Post: Favorite Small Size Inks        (Topic#1553833)
Dasha
Dasha 
Veteran
Dasha
  • Dasha on 02-24-11 11:09 AM

Please share your favorite type of cateye inks!

Is Colorbox good? If so, what's the difference between the chalk ink and the liquid ink?

Thanks in advance!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Dasha

I love Colorbox inks. I would suggest you get re-inkers for the ones you use the most as this will save wear and tear on the pads. The more ink, the less pressure you put on the pad when you're applying it. I know some people do have problems with the pad separating from the plastic.

I have a black cat's eye by Colorbox that I've had and used heavily for 4 years now and it has not come apart. I re-ink it every so often.
The difference between the chalk ink (which is liquid ink, by the way) and other inks is just the forumula.
This chart has that info:
http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/32019/209.html

Clearsnap Fluid Chalk Ink Pd (Clearsnap)~Premium pigmented dye ink pad with new skin-foam technology on the pad. Use on glossy or coated papers. Heat set on non-coated papers. Many stampers have enjoyed watercoloring with the reinkers (Full Size, Cat's Eyes, Options Pads and Petal Points) Is Acid Free once the ink dries.

Colorbox Pigment (Clearsnap)~Waterbased thick pigment ink. Fantastic results on absorbent paper. Glossy or coated papers will require embossing. PH balanced for archival purposes and child safe. (Full Size, Cat's Eyes, Options Pads and Petal Points) Again mini pads can be removed and used individually

Edited by Here Kitty on 02-24-11 11:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Here Kitty

My favorite small inks are these dew drops by tsukineko -- they are the best for stamping with acrylic stamps and they are also really good for inking edges, etc.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to kariyava

I use both the colorbox cat's eyes and the tsukineko dew drops, I personally found the cat's eyes easier to work with when I first started inking but once you get the hang of it you can do it with almost any pad... this morning I couldn't find my black dew drop or cat's eye (I am moving everything is a mess) so I used a full stamp pad worked fine for me!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to jessielee

The colorbox ones are the ones I use the most, but I hate that the lids don't always stay on and then they dry out

If you only need black, brown and white, the ones by CM are surprisingly good, but they are only sold as a set of 3, and only in those colors

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
The colorbox ones are the ones I use the most, but I hate that the lids don't always stay on and then they dry out

If you only need black, brown and white, the ones by CM are surprisingly good, but they are only sold as a set of 3, and only in those colors

Those were a limited edition item and are no longer distributed by CM. Some consultants might have some in their inventory.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to moxiegirl23

Not cats eye per se... But for little ink pads, I LOVE the Studio G ones (the ones in the dollar spots). You can't reink them, of course. But they're very juicy & a I always get great results. I've gone through tons of ink brands & now I only buy those, regular size Colorbox, and then Stazon.

New Kid On the Block
In response to YesterdaysEcho

My favorite small inks are Stampin Spots.
http://milamemories.blogspot.com/

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Milamemories

I like the cats eye ones alot. I think it is the shape of them I actually like.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to moonpuff

You can get reinkers for the ColorBox Cat's Eyes if you need them. I have never had one dry from evaporation and I live in a VERY dry climate--it might just be that your ink needed to be reinked, mad matter.

ColorBox also has a new line of DYE inks--these are awesome for stamping!!

HTH

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:
I like the cats eye ones alot. I think it is the shape of them I actually like.

Me, too! They are so easy to hold when inking edges.

I also like the Tskinedo (sp??), but some of them are really juicy. I have one that always gets my hands inky whenever I simply remove the cap.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

I think the Tskinedo pads stay together better,,,,I do like the cats eye shape a bit better, but can never seem to find the re-inkers, so I use them with more and more pressure and they fall apart.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to YesterdaysEcho

• californiaphoenix Said:
Not cats eye per se... But for little ink pads, I LOVE the Studio G ones (the ones in the dollar spots). You can't reink them, of course. But they're very juicy & a I always get great results. I've gone through tons of ink brands & now I only buy those, regular size Colorbox, and then Stazon.

I love these inks, they are awesome,,,,,,they even have chalk inks,,,,

but I can NEVER find them in brown, and that's the color I use the most often.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
  • californiaphoenix Said:

I love these inks, they are awesome,,,,,,they even have chalk inks,,,,

but I can NEVER find them in brown, and that's the color I use the most often.

My M's has some in brown right now. Kind of an odd looking brown though. I think you just have to catch the seasons right on those. I've been trying to find a baby blue one for a couple months now with no luck.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics